W – Oilers 7, Blue Jackets 0 – Game 23 – 2013-11-19 @ 7:30 PM MST – SNET

GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Calgary Flames
logo AT logo
7-10-3 Record 5-15-2
Location: Rexall Place
Date: November 19, 2013 @ 7:30PM MST
TV: SNET

Alright, the ship hasn’t been righted, but there is a blue spot in the sky amidst this storm of sorrow. It’s a very small spot, but it’s there. Coming off the heels of a victory, yes that’s right we won a game, the Oilers are playing host to the Columbus Blue Jackets. The Oilers last played Saturday night against the Flames and didn’t turn up the heat until late in the game for a come from behind victory. Hopefully it’s a turning point for the team’s waning confidence but it’s the Flames… A team many predicted to finish dead last this season.

The Blue Jackets are another winnable game, but it all depends on who shows up. Exciting as 3rd period comebacks are, it’s much easier to play with a lead. I’m sure the fans would love to see a home victory. It’s been a long time. Historically we have owned them though(29-10-8) so tonight could be that home win everyone is pining for.

Bryzgalov will be in the lineup tonight sporting #80. He’ll have to settle for a front row seat tough, Dubnyk will get the start. Coach Eakins has been happy with his play of late and will roll with him until Dubs convinces him otherwise. Another familiar face will be back on the ice tonight. Justin Schultz is returning from a groin injury and will be paired with Belov.

LaBarbera was waived to make room for Bryzgalov and has cleared. Not much change to the lines from Saturday aside from Larsen rotating out to make room for Justin Schultz.

Projected Lines

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Gordon-Perron
Joensuu-Acton-Gazdic

Ference-Petry
Belov-J. Schultz
N. Schultz-Potter

Dubnyk-Bryzgalov

LIVE CHAT

Closed

Chat is currently closed.

6 Responses to “W – Oilers 7, Blue Jackets 0 – Game 23 – 2013-11-19 @ 7:30 PM MST – SNET”

1. Metal&Oil says:

Bad Bad feeling that the Jackets are gonna blow us out. Not many agree but I see the Jackets as a team on the brink of good things.

Metal&Oil:

Your predictions are terrible.

WON BY A TD, MOTHALOVERS!!!

3. john says:

I’m starting to get positive feelings that the game against the Flames was the turn around game but I have 2 fears about that:

1- The Oilers won huge but I still noticed many technical blunders that would have cost them against better teams; if they get their asses handed to them in the next couple games will they wallow in misery again or bounce right back?

2- If they do go on a run of some sort will MacT declare the team healed & perfect, not being concerned with making any more changes or improvements? I don’t care if this team wins 3 or 4 in a row, there are still glaring weaknesses & deficiences that must be addressed. As we all know, the best time to make trades is when the team is winning & everyone’s stats get a little boost!

For me, I saw the opposite.. No technical blunders.. A first for this team. That said, I recognize they beat Columbus who are a) a terrible team as well and b) a team the Oilers typically beat up on.

I see this as a one off until the Oilers prove me wrong. I’m happy Rexall got what it deserved finally but I don’t see this as the season turning point. The Oilers are missing the playoffs this year (stupid that your eliminated half way through November… If not earlier).

The Oilers have had games like this one.. Ex games against the hawks where they blow them out. What matters is what happens next in the next bunch of games. Do they fall back to their season average? Do they soar? I’d bet money that it will be the former.

Hate to be the pessimistic one, but this isn’t a new trend here.

5. Metal&Oil says:

Racki: Your predictions are terrible.

WON BY A TD, MOTHALOVERS!!!

I think I nailed the reverse physiology of this prediction :)

6. john says:

Racki:

Hate to be the pessimistic one, but this isn’t a new trend here.

I dunno Racki, maybe I had one too many rum & Cokes last night but I swear several times I saw the Oil try those up-the-middle suicide passes across the defensive zone blue line into the neutral zone & get picked off. Luckily the Jackets had their cement skates on & couldn’t convert. Also recall several times when Oilers lost f/o’s or coughed up the puck in the d-zone but Oil beat Jackets to the pucks thanks to aforementioned cement skates. Like I said, could have been a radically different game against a serious opponent but was nice to see regardless.