Oilers vs. Sharks – Game 21 – 2013-11-15 @ 8:00 PM MST – TSN

POTF corporate retreat...
logo vs logo
4-14-2 Record 12-2-5
Location: Rexall
Date: November 15, 2013 @ 8:00PM MST
TV: TSN

None of us are as strong as all of us, chop wood, carry water…

New motivational slogan painted in the Oilers dressing room. I’m guessing the chop wood was from Lowe. He was good at that. And carry water… to distract the Sharks? They love that shit!

Tonight’s XBOX achievement is to score a goal. I don’t care if we lose 7-1, just score a goal. The drought has gone too long in our own barn. It should be the opposite. Not that we’re a dominant road team, but the road losses have been more competitive at least. Sharks did play last night while the Oilers rested, but there is no advantage in that with the contrasting seasons of both teams. It’s not going to be an easy night and if the Sharks smell blood, there’s going to be a frenzy.

Some line shuffling for tonight. The holy trinity is back together and Arcobello is trading places with Klefbom. I imagine it’s a tough pill to swallow for Acrobello considering he’s been one of the few bright spots thus far. Could just be a victim of the numbers though and needing another D man on the roster. This gets Gazdic back in tonight to lay some licks and try to slow down a Shark or two. With the current talent producing so well for San Jose, taking the body frequently will be the best way to keep them off their game.

In OKC land, Bryzgalov is getting the start tonight, so it will be interesting to hear how that goes. We need some kind of glimmer of hope here. The season is ¼ in and for all intents we’re already out of the playoffs… Sounds like Justin Schultz has had a minor setback in his recovery as well.

Expected Lines

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Gordon-Perron
Joensuu-Acton-Gazdic

Ference-Petry
Belov-Larsen
N. Schultz-Potter

Dubnyk-LaBarbera

LIVE CHAT

Closed

Chat is currently closed.

10 Responses to “Oilers vs. Sharks – Game 21 – 2013-11-15 @ 8:00 PM MST – TSN”

The night will be considered a succes if the Oilers score a fucking goal finally.

2. Metal&Oil says:

Arco sent down while the coaches son draws in. I can’t just stand by and watch this happen so I won’t.

3. ieatboogs says:

Maybe they should hand the reins to Mr.Moss.

4. Mr.Majestyk says:

I’m cheering for the Sharks tonight. I hope they keep losing until they pull their heads out of their ass.

Metal&Oil:

I hate to be negative, but since that’s all we can be lately, Bryzgalov let in 5 goals tonight… yikes. Thank god this is just game 1 for him, so it could be rust. But it doesn’t look like any help is on the way. So to this, I say… we gave up Smid for this?! I sure hope Brossoit pans out.

6. john says:

Racki: That actually is pretty stupid.. never thought of it that way. Really, Acton should have been sent down…. 3rd in team scoring and he gets sent down?!?

Why you heff to be so mad? It’s only game!

Couldn’t stop myself, I think I’m addicted.

According to Jonathan Willis, 4 of the 5 goals couldn’t be blamed on Mr. Universe.

8. Mr.Majestyk says:

We’re last in the NHL now.

Shart for Reinhart..
    Play bad for Ekblad..

I predict that this team will be a habitual loser so long as it has Gagner and Hemsky on it.. hear me out here though. On their own, these guys are good players. Mixed in with the rest of the talent on this team though, they are two guys that don’t bring any thing important over what Hall, Nuge, Eberle, and (eventually) Yakupov bring. This team needs to cut some guys that are all skill and bring in some guys that bring the lunch pail to score goals.. ex. Smyth circa 2000s.

That only solves part of the problem, of course, but I think the more I watch these guys hang out on the perimeter unable to get it to the “dirty” area, the more I believe they need players that are willing to go to those dirty areas.

Again, I only single out Hemsky and Gagner because of redundancy here. I look forward to the day that those two are moved out, and some guys like Simmonds / Brouwer are brought in.

I also have Yakupov on my shit list, but there is talent buried there waiting to be untapped.