Oilers vs. Rangers – Preseason Game 7 – 2013-09-24 @ 7:00 PM MST – TSN

GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs New York Rangers
logo vs logo
4-1-1 Record 1-2-0
Location: Rexall Place
Date: Sept 24, 2013 @ 7:00PM MST
TV: TSN

Really hard to find a recent pic of the Oilers and the Rangers so here are some of the Octane girls instead!  Go to a game, buy a calendar for your nephew for Christmas, or at least use that lie.  Support the team!

Oilers and Rangers face off tonight at Rexall place.  Looks like the designated backups will play tonight as both Dubnyk and Lundqvist were in action last night.  Oilers defeated the Jets 2-1 and the Rangers fell to the Flames 4-1.

Oilers had a lot of players getting a look last night so there will be a rotation of fresh legs brought in.  They are also minus Linus.  He’s been placed on waivers for the purpose of re-assignment.

Last night Pitlick had an impressive game and Eakins is going to give him another look.  He also is still enjoying Hall centering Hemsky and Smyth so that line will be kept together for now.  Larsen has had a strong showing in camp registering 5 blocked shots last night as well as a goal and two helpers over 3 games played.

Sounds like Grebeshkov(groin) and Potter(back) are both out with no current timeline, so it’s great to see that Larsen is doing well.

Unofficial pulled from a hat line-ups

Hemsky-Hall-Smyth
Eberle-Arcobello-Perron
Pitlick-Lander-Jones
Eager-Acton-Hamilton

Nurse-Petry
J. Schultz -Larsen
Belov-Fedun

LaBarbera / Dubnyk

LIVE CHAT

Chat is currently closed.

10 Responses to “Oilers vs. Rangers – Preseason Game 7 – 2013-09-24 @ 7:00 PM MST – TSN”

Interested in line two. Arco with good talent and not vs power. Smurf line to

Never mind. I see now you said these are not anywhere near official.

3. Trogdor says:

As you pointed out, looks like Gregor stole my lines so they might be right. Also the goon factor of the Rangers tonight might pull MacIntyre into the action tonight. Find out soon enough.

4. Walks says:

I think the most interesting thing to watch obviously will be who’s going to secure those centre spots. Be interesting to see how some of them fare in the faceoff circle and if any can keep up with our top 6 wings.

Walks:
    I think the most interesting thing to watch obviously will be who’s going to secure those centre spots.Be interesting to see how some of them fare in the faceoff circle and if any can keep up with our top 6 wings.

Hey Walks, welcome to the Foil… I agree. I think it will be Hall, Gordon, Arco, Acton in that order of lines. I think Arco on the 3rd line with Yakupov and someone like Joensuu will be good because they’ll get the soft parade. His short comings (pun?) won’t be as noticeable. Smyth could also play on this line in place of Joensuu (with him moving up a line or two) if he shows signs of fatigue.

I’ll be annoyed if Big Mac isn’t dressed tonight. I’d love to see him have a chat with Dorsett too, since he’ll be in the lineup. Put this “fear the enforcer” theory to the test. And well, if Dorsett doesn’t receive the message, maybe Mac can get on a faceoff with him, then speedbag him like he did Vandermeer.

Nurse has been re-assigned to the OHL. Great camp!

Also cut, Pitlick/Fedun/Lander.. all assigned to OKC. Only one forward to cut now. The D-group is settled now. Your 7D are Ference, Schultzes, Smid, Petry, Belov, Larsen.

As far as the forward, I would cut Ryan Jones. I hate like hell saying that. One, if he’s slowed down because of his eye injury, it’s a real tragedy and he doesn’t deserve that. Two, he’s a favorite of mine.. great attitude, lots of hustle. However, reality tells me that you can’t keep players around because they are “nice guys”. That player has to be more useful than the guy ahead of him. Is he more useful than Ryan Hamilton? I’m not so sure about that, right now. I’d say, currently, no, he isn’t.

Is he more useful than Brown or Eager even? No, I don’t think so at all. These guys *currently* bring the same or better level of play, plus toughness (especially Brown). The writing is on the wall here. I suspect he will get one last chance vs. the Stars and then hit the waiver wire if he doesn’t perform well enough. Personally, I’d just get it over with now, I think. But Eakins might like his locker room presence or something else, perhaps and want to give him another shot.

9. hemmerlady says:

Jonesy on waivers. I’m sad. what I really hate is when fans vilify players. Don’t kick a guy when he’s down. Some people are saying he “didn’t show up” at camp and I don’t agree with that. Just because he was having a tough time doesn’t mean the effort wasn’t there. He shut down his twitter feed and that’s just sad- wish the “fans” could treat a guy with some respect and thank him for his hard work.

If it’s the right move for the team, I’m behind the decision. But fans who are beating up on Jones should be ashamed of themselves. Don’t call yourself a fan if you hate the players.

Couldn’t agree more, HL. I’m behind the decision too, but I hate to see a player get disrespected like that. Especially one who has always reached out to the community. In a way, I hope he clears, plays really well for OKC, finds his legs, and makes a comeback here. In other way I wonder if we have to turn the page on him. But either way, I wish him all the best and hope he doesn’t take this too hard.