Oilers 0, Canucks 4 – Game 37 – 2013-04-04 @ 8:30 PM MST – SNETW

GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks
logo at logo
16-13-7 Record 19-11-6
Location: Rogers Arena
Date: April 4, 2013 @ 8:30PM MST
TV: SNETW

Roberto would like you to know that his contract sucks. That’s why he wasn’t traded. Good point, and I’m in full agreement. Pretty honest words from Lou though. He’s endeared himself to fans though lately with his @strombone1 account on Twitter. He’s a pretty funny guy and that’s probably the only thing keeping him somewhat sane these days, amidst all the pressure. Not sure if he starts or if it will be Schneider. His team will have to look past that negativity though.

The Oilers.. wow.. smoked Calgary good last night. It’s about time. It’s nice for our team to not only shut up Flames fans in our building, but to overtake their building with cheers for Oilers goals. The Flames are in for some really painful times though. This is just the start. I want to caution that we beat up on a really bad team though. But I also want to give some credit, cause in the past, the Oilers wouldn’t have showed up at all for that kind of game. I find they typically put their best effort in vs. the tougher teams and coast by against the bottom feeders. They started off looking like that team, early on, when Calgary got a 2-0. However, the Oilers completely turned things around. After the first goal, it was like someone hit them with a defibrillator.

Paajarvi might miss this one. If he does, expect Smyth to play in his place, and Lander to be called up to center line 4. New guy Jerred Smithson is not ready to play yet, as his wife is ready to have a baby, if she hasn’t yet. Other than that, I don’t suspect there will be any lineup changes. I’d really like to see Fistric or Peckham in for the more physical opponents, but doesn’t look like that will happen.

OILERS LINES (UNCONFIRMED)

Hall – Nuge – Eberle
Paajarvi – Gagner – Hemsky
Jones – Horcoff – Yakupov
Brown – Smyth – Petrell

Smid – Petry
N. Schultz – J.Schultz
Whitney – Potter

Khabibulin
Dubnyk

LIVE CHAT

Chat is currently closed.

8 Responses to “Oilers 0, Canucks 4 – Game 37 – 2013-04-04 @ 8:30 PM MST – SNETW”

1. dawgtoy says:

Likely setting myself up for disappointment, but I voted “YES” to the poll question. This is one hell of a test for the Oil. Playing the second half on back to back nights on the road. Playing a rested Canuck team that might be just a little pissy from last week. A team that has improved itself at the deadline. Yet somehow we matchup well against them. The stretch will be a grind, but I think they can do it.

2. Alan-NottsUK says:

Just because it won’t get seen in general discussion I have a couple of questions.

1. How hard will it be to get tickets for playoff games if the Oilers make it.

2. If I do manage to get over to Edmonton, and can’t get tickets where should I be drinking/watching the games.

3. dawgtoy says:

1. It’s very hard without connections or season ticks/packages. If you’re willing to spend the money, the scalpers can hook you up as well, but they won’t come cheap.

2. The Pint downtown is very pro-Oiler friendly place to sit/watch/drink. Jason Gregor (team 1260/Oilersnation)commonly does his Friday show from there. We’ve been with friends from work and we had a very good time. Jason strudwick was doing the Gregor show from there as well one night, and ended up sitting with us. He knew one of my co-workers from juniors(Blazers). He was friendly and absolutely funny as hell.
    Just my opinion of course.

4. Alan-NottsUK says:

I was thinking as much, guess it’s a case of find out when they go on sale, and get online and pray.

Hit me up at contact @ this website if you decide to come over yonder. My fiancee is a season ticket holder and will be buying playoff tickets. That said, no guarantees that we’ll have any available. But at least we wouldn’t charge you more than face value for them. However, they be front row, so they’re already an arm and a leg.

Anyways, if she is looking to sell any, I’ll let you know Alan.

And well, of course, the Oilers might not even make it. But I think we will. Gotta belieeeeeeeeeve!

Outside of her, I also do a few people that have tickets that sell them from time to time. No guarantees that they wouldn’t be selling at rip off rates, however. :P

6. phawley says:

I have high hopes for the Oil of course for playoffs however I wonder how they will match up against The Ducks as we have three games against them this month. Last year they beat us 3 games to 4 and they are a better team this year. However we seem to play well against better teams as Racki said so you never know. Tonight I am predicting 5 – 3 Oilers.

7. hemmerlady says:

This is HL, reporting live from deep inside enemy territory. Quite a contingent of Oilers fans in da house. If there was ever a time to kick some ass…. IT’S NOW!!! Go oilers!

8. Metal&Oil says:

During Oilers 5 game win streak the teams has gone from 29th in GF to 13th in GF! 25 goals in 5 games!!

Anyways I feel obligated to predict a 5-3 (just like Phawley) Oilers win tonight as I’ve had some good pre game predictions vs the Canucks this season. Man oh man is it fun to win games!!! Go Oilers!!!!!!