Well, as I’m sure you can tell from the abundance of posting here, this season has been going just peachy for the Oilers. I’d say it’s gotten embarrassing to be an Oiler fan, but that boat sailed a few years ago. At least the Oil Kings have given me something to cheer for the past bit otherwise…well, I don’t know. I’d like to say I’m done with this shit team, but we all know that isn’t true. For whatever reason I still watch the games. Must be a sucker for punishment.
- Lots of Oiler news lately but the biggest is obviously the firing of Tambellini. And fuck, finally. What a clusterfuck…yet I remember being hopeful when he got the job. Jesus.
- Mac T got hired as his replacement, with the newly re-hired Howson hired on in his previous role. I know a lot of people are not pleased with this, but I like it. I was a Mac T fan when he was coaching here (just didn’t think he was given the horses needed), and I think he’s a smart guy who can evaluate players well. I don’t understand the Howson hiring, but whatever.
- Lowe still has a job. Surprising, but not at the same time. Him and Katz are BFF’s, and must have some plan (plot) to fuck the city for years to come.
- Not only does Lowe still have a job, but he also said in the Tambellini/Mac T presser that there are two types of fans, and they only listen to the one type (i.e. the ones who are in the building and paying their ridiculous prices). Hilarious. Love it. Oh, and he’s got 6 rings that say he knows how to win (proven by 7 years out of the playoffs).
- Some injury news, with the Nuge on to his second shoulder surgery and Hemsky out for the season with a foot issue he got from blocking a shot. I really wish would stop going into corners first, and blocking shots (like the euro he is) so he’d stop getting hurt.
- Also, after that game last night you should have heard Gagner. Man he was pissed. So much so that even that tit tencer noticed. Was “seething” in the corner to quote the asshat. And I’d say I’m not surprised. Wouldn’t be surprised to see players start to ask for their way out soon, unless Mac T can show that he knows what he’s doing.
- I’ll be honest, I haven’t been paying much attention to what’s been going on in the league. I can tell you that the Seahawks secondary is looking fucking awesome now, and they picked up the best available WR in the FA period. Looking real good.
- Uh, Ovechkin has been pretty good lately hey? I thought he was all washed up now…
- Ah, fuck it. I can’t think of anything else. Feel free to mention it in the comments.
LETS GO LUMBUS!
Anyways, on to the standings (and fight video, and Oil Kings):
Continue reading 'Monday Morning Standings'»