Oilers 0, Predators 6 – Game 24 – 2013-03-08 @ 6:00 PM MST – SNETW

GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Nashville Predators
logo at logo
8-10-5 Record 9-9-5
Location: Bridgestone Arena
Date: March 8, 2013 @ 6:00PM MST
TV: SNETW

If the Oilers had as much consistency at playing the game as I do at making GDT, we would be a much better hockey team. I’m not sure why I still do these.. ;)

Anyways, Chris Vande Velde got sent back down. Definitely needed this… he hasn’t really accomplished much. I don’t consider him a bad player, I consider him much like the rest of our bottom six, however…. existing just for the purpose of killing time and hopefully not leaking any goals. That has to change! The Oilers need some players that are tough to play against. They need guys that will give their all every shift, but also score some goals when the skill lines can’t do it.

I hope Yakupov makes a return to our top six.. this time without being at the cost of Paajarvi who has looked at home on the top six again, alongside Gagner. Ales Hemsky is out with a bruised foot after blocking a shot from Jacob Kindl. Yakupov still looks good when he is in an offensive situation with the puck on his stick. In a defensive situation, he looks fairly terrible when the puck is on his stick. That will change one day though, so I am not worried.. just mentioning it.

In conclusion, this team is an embarrassing mess.. no matter what lines we slap together, it will stay that way. We need a healthy Horcoff, and we need some better glue players. And we also need a general manager who realizes that you are allowed to make moves during the course of a season. Other teams do it.

Should be another stinker.. I’ll still watch though being the masochist I am.

OILERS LINES (Per Jack Michaels)

Hall-Nuge-Eberle
Paajarvi-Gagner-Yakupov
Petrell-Belanger-Jones
Eager-Smyth-Brown

Schultz-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Whitney-Peckham

Dubnyk
Danis

LIVE CHAT

Chat is currently closed.

6 Responses to “Oilers 0, Predators 6 – Game 24 – 2013-03-08 @ 6:00 PM MST – SNETW”

1. hemmerlady says:

Oiler fans are inherently masochists. I’ll be watching ‘em lose tonight (prove me wrong, kids. Prove me wrong!!) at The Black Frog. Hopefully there will be some Edm-ex-pats there to comiserate.

2. NorwegianOiler says:

We ought to be used to this by now. I think people lose their apetite after a while though – embrace protective mechanisms, like indifference. I watched the game and found parts of myself not caring. I was just looking at some of the plays, detached from any emotional investment. At that point, I might as well watch good hockey, and more and more frequently I do.

What a clusterfuck. But it will get better. And worse again.

Yah that’s pretty much how I feel. I still watch the games, but I found myself not really caring much or being shocked as Nashville scored more goals, and we continued to score none.

Of course, having Pekka Rinne in 2 pools softened the blow a bit.. but I tend to put Oilers hockey above pools ;)

4. hemmerlady says:

I was still in denial mode until last night. I knew we were going to lose but swore after each goal anyway, while yelling at the team for listless, lackadaisical, lollygagging in our zone, and well pretty much everywhere else. Basically looked like they just didn’t give a flying fuck. That’s pretty much where I draw the line as a fan. The team on the ice last night was not my team. My team never says die. Arrrrrrggggh.

5. dawgtoy says:

CBus beats Detroit, and we find ourselves last in our conference. One point out of last in the league. Zoinks.

6. Metal&Oil says:

I feel like I have been a good solder as a fan of this team for many years now but I am now at the point were I am becoming less invested in the games lately. It’s really hard watching the same old, same old for 6 years now. I feel like I need a break from this crap. It’s time to watch and invest my time on my other fav team, The Bruins. At least I know what I am getting from them and their management team that is always looking to improve their team.