It’s the first MMS of the 2013 season! And since it’s the superbowl lets make some predictions…the coin toss will be heads, the anthem will be over 1:34, 49ers will score first and will win the game. Please note I lost all of my bets last year, so what you do with those predictions is on you.
Anyways, 15% of the way through the season, and we are in February, and the Oilers are currently in a playoff position!!! Holy shit!
All in all, the team looks as was expected, with the top 2 lines providing offense, bottom 6 looking a little weak and the defense looking…challenged. Dubnyk has been a pleasant surprise however, and has held us in a couple games already.
Powerplay looks to be a killer, and the PK outside of the one sharks game looks to be solid.
- Gagner and Hall lead the team in scoring at over a ppg (23rd and 26th in league scoring).
- Dubnyk is at a 0.925 sv% even after that one Sharks game!
- Yakupov has awesome celebrations.
- Stamkos has 16 fucking points in 8 games…jesus. Kid’s pretty good.
- Coyotes are still as shit-show ownership-wise.
- Luongo is now awesome in my books based solely on his twitter, and cause he’s making shit all weird in Canucks-town.
- Spezza out 2 months for back surgery.
Anyways, on to the standings (and fight video, and Oil Kings):
Continue reading 'Monday Morning Standings – Superbowl Edition'»