Oilers 4, Avalanche 1 – Game 5 – 2013-01-28 @ 7:30 PM MST – SNETW

GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Colorado Avalanche
logo at logo
2-2-0 Record 0-2-1
Location: Rexall Place
Date: January 28, 2013 @ 7:30PM MST
TV: SNETW

The twitter folks say that Corey Potter is in for Mark Fistric. I take that as a sign that our GM has panicked and signaled the dive for the latest #1 draft sensation. I have nothing against Potter, but Mark Fistric is a good guy we need in all the time. Potter was the topic du jour last year, so I don’t like people dumping on him either. I’d like to see what Fistric and Potter can do together though.

The GDT pic is a stock photo I use on here for every single Avalanche game, it seems. Getting tired of hunting for new pics though. At least this one doesn’t have Stortini in it!

I have the privilege of going to this one live. Hopefully it’s better than the first 59:55 of the last game I went to (Thursday’s win over Los Angeles). But that game was pure awesome, in the end.

There’s been a bit of talk here and elsewhere about the Oilers even strength woes. Wouldn’t mind seeing some forward changes. Our team is all really stacked on one line, with potential on the 2nd line, and our third line should be nicknamed the Lethal Weapons….. “I’m too old for this shit!”.

OILERS LINES (PROJECTED)

Hall – Nugent-Hopkins – Eberle
Yakupov – Gagner – Hemsky
Smyth – Horcoff – Petrell
Paajarvi – Belanger – Hartikainen

Smid – Petry
N. Schultz – J. Schultz
Whitney – Potter

Dubnyk
Danis

LIVE CHAT

Chat is currently closed.

6 Responses to “Oilers 4, Avalanche 1 – Game 5 – 2013-01-28 @ 7:30 PM MST – SNETW”

1. Ktown says:

I got a fever – and the only cure is more Hartikainen!

2. oilinblood says:

– DD has his usual weak goal
    – 1 goal against and Potter gets his usual minus. the man is consistent.

3. dawgtoy says:

oilinblood: RACK — regarding pictures… justin schultz calmly evading the check on opening night and the canuck going head first into the boards seems like a proper picture for future nuck games. am i wrong?http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Dale+Weise+Justin+Schultz+Edmonton+Oilers+AvomltSOD0Dl.jpg– DD has his usual weak goal– 1 goal against and Potter gets his usual minus. the man is consistent.

Love that pic! Much better game from the fourth line. Can’t wait until 20 can be replaced by something, anything else. So disappointed in the third line so far, hope they get it going on the road, the first real tests of the season will occur Wed and Thur. They’ll need to play 60 minutes in those two games or it could get ugly. I’d have to assume Fistric will be in for those, but you know what they say about assuming.

4. John says:

Yak looked like he got hurt after scoring that empty netter at the end of the game, anyone hear a status on that? Maybe it was just a tweak.

5. NorwegianOiler says:

Slash on the shin(s) by the look of it. Don’t think it’s serious, other than the fact that it ruined what could possibly have been a fantastic celebration ;) Or not.

I actually thought he was hurt beforehand. I was at the game that night and noticed that he wasn’t on the ice for at least a couple Gagner/Hemsky shifts in the 3rd near the end.. then he came out for the empty netter.

Then at some point after getting the EN, he was favoring the leg/knee/foot. I had assumed he was testing it out from some other shift.