Oilers 3, Flames 4 – Game 4 – 2013-01-26 @ 8:00 PM MST – CBC

Edmonton Oilers at Calgary Flames
logo at logo
2-1-0 Record 0-2-1
Location: Scotiabank Saddledome
Date: January 26, 2013 @ 8:00PM MST
TV: CBC

Tonight is the first game of the Battle of Alberta for 2013. Not sure how much battle we’ll see tonight, as much of the last bunch of BoAs have had more fizzle than anything. Credit to Darren Haynes for this stunning tweet: “Taylor Hall is 21 yrs old. Since he’s been alive, #Flames and #Oilers have made #NHL playoffs in same season just once – 2005-06.” Yikes. No wonder the BoA has been so flaccid.

Oh well, here’s a look back in the time machine to one of the best moments in recent BoA history:

Tonight I will likely be at the Oil Kings game and watching this on PVR later. The chat will be going for you all though if you want.

OILERS LINES (PROJECTED)

Hall – Nugent-Hopkins – Eberle
Yakupov – Gagner – Hemsky
Smyth – Horcoff – Paajarvi
Hordichuk ‘em – Belanger – Petrell

Smid – Petry
N. Schultz – J. Schultz
Whitney – Fistric

Dubnyk
Danis

LIVE CHAT

Please use the comments section to make comments (for posterity's sake), rather than the chat box, until the game starts.
Click HERE for Android/iOS friendly chat window

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

8 Responses to “Oilers 3, Flames 4 – Game 4 – 2013-01-26 @ 8:00 PM MST – CBC”

1. dawgtoy says:

“@SUN_TYCHKOWSKI: Tom Kowal and Greg Kimmerly are reffing the game again tonight vs Calgary.” Begins bashing head repeatedly against the wall. OMFG

Fantastic. Well we can’t avoid them all season.

3. dawgtoy says:

Hordichuk in, Hartikainen out.

Call me crazy, but I would have probably popped out Paajarvi or Petrell. But I’m happy that Hordi is in. I think he should be a BoA must.

5. dawgtoy says:

I like the idea of Hordy being in. Hartikainen was invisible vs LA IMO. Liked what I’ve seen from Pääjärvi so far. He’s endorsed the role of a defensively responsible third liner who brings some much needed speed to the third line. I think he’ll gain confidence in that role this season. Many good third liners were first round draft picks that never found their hands in the NHL. The key is they have to buy in to that role, and I believe he has.

Yah, he definitely has bought into it. I’m not sold that he’ll never have the hands to score though. But this is what we need him for.

7. Alan-NottsUK says:

2 positives from tonights game for me.

The team kept plugging away right to the death even though they weren’t playing well, I think last year they give up on that game.

And Justin Schultz is currently leading the NHL in points from defencemen.

8. NorwegianOiler says:

Alan, check out your PM inbox ;) and set up your roster for next week!