Hall signs new deal

By , August 22, 2012 11:47 am

As per twitter Hall signed a new 7 year 6 million per deal. We are currently at lunch and doing this on a phone so more details when we return to work.

7 Responses to “Hall signs new deal”

1. dawgtoy says:

I like this! Good number for the franchise player. I can’t believe I’m gonna say this … but I agree with Tencer, the bar now has been set with this contract. Nobody would/could/should be signed to anything higher. Mr. Eberle, come on down …

Agreed Dawg. This should set the high bar. RNH might become the only exception in a few years. One more year of his ELC and then this. Seems like it is a pretty fair deal. I hope his shoulder is great now. The negotiations for the CBA could work out very much in his favour with a later start to the season.

I can’t see how Eberle would get any different though. I consider the two to be of similar value. Rumor from Rishaug is Eberle will get a similar deal, but likely shorter term.

Racki:

For sure. They are both as valuable to the team. Identical deals would be nice. Not sure why they would give Ebs a shorter term though.

5. Ktown says:

I personally like the deal – I think Hallsy is going to keep going up and up. A lot of naysayers point that he hasn’t finished a season yet, and only has 90-some pts in 2 seasons, but this is a different team with him than without.

Like it, and expect to see Ebs sign soon!

Oh, the haters must just be cringing… 7 more years until Hallsy can fly the coop to go play for their has-been teams…

I’d see Eberle getting a shorter deal as he’s a couple years older than Hall, so they’d be taking more UFA years away from him.

Then again, he spent an extra season in junior so not sure where that puts him as for being UFA eligible.

7. Metal&Oil says:

Love how Hall said that the 7 years didn’t faze him one bit. Seems like the days of players snubbing Edmonton are quickly fading. Refreshing to see young players like Hall and J.Schultz rather play in cities with a high potential & in front of real hockey fans rather then choosing to play for lesser teams that just happen to be in close proximity to a beach and a cooler full of Corona’s