Hello Everybody! Almost done with hockey for the season.
This post season has gone pretty close to exactly how I wanted it to (not how I predicted it would however). Although it’s not over just yet, I’m guessing the Kings take it.
Last round ended with NJ beating the Rangers in 6 and LA beating the Coyotes in 5 (I wanted the Rangers and Kings to win).
I predicted LA in 6 (for reals, before the series even! – I can prove via timestamps too) but it doesn’t even look like it’ll get that far. I figure Quick has the Conn Smythe locked up too.
In league news:
- Montreal hired Therrien to coach their team (did we also mention they hired a new GM too?)
- Vokoun traded to the Pens for a 7th rounder and then signed a 2 year deal for 4 mil
- Flames hired Hartley to coach their team
- Tim Thomas is taking a year off to do…well, not sure exactly, but if it means Rask starts then I’m happy
- Lidstrom retired. One of the great D men of all time I say.
- Gaborik out for a while with surgery
- Penner is still awesome
- Sutter ain’t so much of a bad dude now that he isn’t in Calgary, kinda funny too
In Oiler news:
- The Oilers are no where near a deal with Smyth apparently. This time it looks as though it’s quite a bit more than $100,000 difference.
- They also let Renney go after letting him sit in the wind for a bit. Still no decision on the assistant coaches.
Finally in other news, the Barons lost in the 3rd round to the Marlies in 5 games, and the Oil Kings won the WHL championship (awesome) before getting smoked at the memorial cup (not awesome). Canada got beat out early in the World Championships and Russia ended up taking the gold.
Also, promise it won’t take longer till we get something else up here…got some draft stuff and some free agent stuff coming.
And last, but not least, raise your glass in remembrance to the boys that landed on a beach in Europe 68 years ago.
26 Responses to “Monday Morning Standings – Tambellini re-signs AKA Absolute Bottom Edition”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.