Omark tweets implying he wants out of Edmonton

By , April 11, 2012 2:24 pm

This shouldn’t come as any surprise that Linus Omark wants out. He sees what Edmonton is bringing in, and he sees he isn’t likely part of the plan. But I think he’s handling it all wrong. For the love of god, close your Twitter account. Anyways, here is the most recent quote:

I’d (love) to show that the “two” are wrong. but i really hope edm let me have a chance in another nhl team

I am not 100% sure what the “two” part means. Could mean a combination of Steve Tambellini, Tom Renney and Kevin Lowe. Or it could mean a couple people that were ragging on him on Twitter.

At any rate, he obviously doesn’t want to be here, and the Oilers need to find him a new home.

Being on Twitter wouldn’t have helped any, but the guy really should have ignored comments from fans. A lot of negative comments get sent to everyone, not just the divas. He’s been taking a beating on Twitter though, and I think he’s had enough. But really, he didn’t stand a chance here. The game is played on the rink, not Twitter. Got to learn to ignore that stuff and not fuel things any more. We are accustomed to players forcing their way out of here. I wish people would just keep their mouth shut and request it with the GM and be done with it. But oh well. Best of luck somewhere else. Not my kind of player. Too much drama around this fellow. Could be a decent player one day though.

26 Responses to “Omark tweets implying he wants out of Edmonton”

1. Oilrsgrl77 says:

Let me tell you how I really feel..LOL

Oilrsgrl77: Such a shocker here. Not really. You can verify how much I haven’t like his attitude all along, and the reason being some comments he has made in the past and that he comes across with a major attitude problem. I always felt he thought he DESERVED to make the team without working for it, like he was always owed something because he can flip a puck around in some youtube videos. He completely rubbed me the wrong way, when he didn’t make the team and yet made statements to the press like he was being punished for something. And again, his tweet reinforces my feeling about him. Go play somewhere else then, like I could give a shit. Not that I don’t think he could potentially be a good player..he is just not the “type” of player that I think it takes to be an Oiler. Like you said, he went about it probably the wrong way..and when players do that, it just plain leaves a bad taste in my mouth. (Chucker:TWSS)Then he goes on to argue with one Oiler fan in particular..and it was quite funny really. Let me tell you how I really feel..LOL

You’re gonna love Nail Yakupov…… :o

I think he just queefed that he should be given an Ovie style contract. :P

I hope we trade him to Tampa.. LOL!

4. Oilrsgrl77 says:

LOL, I wouldn’t blame him for wanting a contract like that..I mean look at our record. We are famous for handing out massive contracts. There was a time we thought we were MLB.

Oilrsgrl77:
    LOL, I wouldn’t blame him for wanting a contract like that..I mean look at our record. We are famous for handing out massive contracts.There was a time we thought we were MLB.

Where have been OG77?! Were you pretty upset with the Gilbert trade and wanted to stay away from POTF? :razz:

It’s a shame Omark has this type of attitude, I wonder if any other teams will bite even? I could see Sather taking him on but I doubt he’d fit on their depth chart.

6. Oilrsgrl77 says:

Oh hey!!! Yeah I went into a depression as it brough back memories of Mess and Niinimaa! :p

I don’t think he’s a bad player, I just have a grudge with comments he has made in the past. Apparently he didn’t get the Comrie/Pronger memo :p hahah kidding.

I think somebody take a look at him. Gonna be a trade for a 4th rounder though.

As much as I feel Omark does have some work to do on correcting his attitude, I can’t help but be absolutely angry and horrified at the mismanagement of an asset.

Good asset management is part of any successful franchise, and Oilers management seems to drop the ball in this area so often it’s sickening.

Who cares if the kid has some attitude issues, it was clear management didn’t have them in our future plans, so why not at least TRY and turn lemons into lemonade, he should have been playing top minutes every night against the soft parade and cherry pp minutes to showcase him…we knew we weren’t in the playoffs, we had nothing to lose…if he stunk, well, then we’re no worse off than now, but in the chance he lit it up, we had another enticing piece of trade bait that would be worth more than a late round pick or throw in.

Just brutal asset management. Brutal.

9. Alan-NottsUK says:

chucker: You’re gonna love Nail Yakupov……

I think he just queefed that he should be given an Ovie style contract.

Yakupov doesn’t seem to care about money. I was gonna add this to the draft post but since you made that comment I might as well throw it on here :p

money comments around 50seconds

10. oilinblood says:

@GR8ONE – I understand your point of view but i would not agree. Ice time in the nhl is for those deserving of it. Sure it can help an asset and your ability to market to a receptive partner… but i would never lower my standards or give the puck to a pouty child over a qualified athlete. Omark has talent, perhaps he isnt used right, but where exactly does he fit? With Hall out Harti made sense because he was a good soldier and had put up some decent numbers when given the chance in the A. With Hemsky re-signed in an unmovable contract Omark is clearly out. Nail or no Nail Omark has no future here. hemsky cant be moved unless you add a 1st and expect a 5th in return. Omark is done. He knows it. Everyone knows it. No spot for him.

11. hemmerlady says:

Does he not have an agent or PR guy who can advise on this stuff? Shhhhh Linus… anyway I think management has long since had enough of the bad attitude and sense of entitlement. Adios, amigo.

[Hey OG! Nice to see you back. The POTF Estrogen Complement missed you]

I like it. He’s been getting fucked over by the Oilers for a while now, so why not want to go play on another team. I would if I were him. So good for him.

He should do what’s best for his career, and that certainly isn’t sticking with the incompetent management here. I wish him well elsewhere.

I want more players to speak their minds. Like when Price told Habs fans to chill out.

Well it’s one thing to speak your mind, it’s another to fuck your former team over (makes it harder to make a trade). But what does he care?

I’m quite fine with the next Hockey Jesus moving along. Won’t miss him. Decent player, but not someone whose skillset will be missed here.

But it’s cool for the team to dick him around for years? Not even the courtesy of a reach around every now and then.

Like I said, I wouldn’t give a shit about this team (management/fans) if I were him.

Steve-O:
    But it’s cool for the team to dick him around for years?Not even the courtesy of a reach around every now and then.

Give me a break. The guy ran to Europe because he didn’t want to earn stripes in the AHL. He threatened to go back there again when he was sent down the first time this year. Last year, after playing well in the AHL, we brought him up and he did OK. Not good, not bad.. OK. Nothing at all spectacular. This year, we brought him in, and he had zilch for points in his first stint up here. We later recalled him for 9 games and he got 3 points. 3 goals / points in 14 games. This guy is fucking oppressed! You’re right.. we’re so cruel to keep this game changer out of the NHL…..

He’s only been in the NHL for 2 years (the rest of his career he was still in Europe). Hall and Nuge and Eberle are the obvious future and have been given more opportunity for sure, but they deserve it and will be this team for years to come. Paajarvi was stuck with plugs for quite a while and didn’t say peep when we demoted him other than positive things. He went back down to OKC willingly, admitting he had stuff to work on. Omark… he does a 360 on a breakaway, and there are Oiler fans in outrage because he’s been “held back by this organization”. We’re so cruel to this guy.

Seriously, what has he shown that he really should be here? There are a few other guys in our lineup that I could also say that about throughout the year, for sure. But Omark’s sense of entitlement isn’t warranted at all.

If he was smart, he would have kept his mouth shut when sent down, and played hard to get back up here and wait for his chance. Instead, he makes it sound like it’s a big shocker he isn’t in the NHL, threatens to go to the KHL… sulks about it. If anything, I’d say the numbers game eliminated him from our roster and he has right to want out (because he’ll likely never make our team).. but in no way is he being screwed over.

16. Alan-NottsUK says:

He waited a year too long and had to compete with Hall, Eberle, Hemsky, Penner, & MPS.

If he hadn’t been so greedy/entitled he’d have had a chance to make the team in 2009 with only Penner, Hemsky and Cole as legit top 6 wingers.

After he failed to make the team out of camp in 2010 he bitched about it. then he got called up and did reasonably well, though down the stretch some of the efforts put up against us were just aweful (canuck games are prime examples).

2011 he makes the team out of camp and sucks for 5 games and gets sent down, bitches some more, backtracks, gets injured, bitches some more, backtracks, gets called up 3 pts in 14 games and done.

Now he’s bitching agian.

He’s 24 years old, and has no defensive game. Him going is no big loss, I hope he gets a chance on another team, but I just don’t think there is a team that can carry his lack of defensive effort.

17. Oilrsgrl77 says:

Oh poor Omark, he has been so wronged by us because he wasn’t handed everything instead of working hard like everyone else. I’m sorry, I can’t feel bad for him through all this. Business is business.

Alan-NottsUK: Omark fucked himself over by going for a money grab in Russia instead of coming over to NA when the Oilers had no offensive players ready.

Meh, I don’t see that as an issue either. Make hay when the sun is shining and all that.

Players have such a short playing window that if he can make a few mil in Russia as opposed to coming here and playing for 800k why not.

Then again, I have issues with the rookie cap.

Steve-O: Meh, I don’t see that as an issue either.Make hay when the sun is shining and all that.

Then again, I have issues with the rookie cap.

Because he probably would have been further along and better off going through our development system, playing with our players, allowing for call-ups, etc. He fucked himself over because he was only interested in the bottom line, … the Oilers didn’t fuck him over.

20. dawgtoy says:

21. Alan-NottsUK says:

Then again, I have issues with the rookie cap.

My issue isn’t with him taking the money, it’s the fact he’s spent his entire time with the team crying about not being in the NHL.

That was his own fault. Money > Development = Omark not being good enough to make the team.

His sense of entitlement for a guy who has proven absolutely nothing is unreal.

dawgtoy: Omark also had bad luck in terms of being injured for a fairly long stretch this season. One could argue that he might have been called up at some point had he been healthy, if you follow? The whole waivers thing made his situation dicey as well. All in all I don’t think Omark was the answer, plain and simple. Another smallish forward who at times makes the team better and more often invisible and defensively unreliable. IMO Paajarvi is higher on the depth chart based on his size, skating and defensive acumen. Package him in a trade with Peckham and pucks, he does have some value, just right here right now.

Yeah, there is no doubt he would have been up more if not for his injury. I have to agree though, we have to many hobbits from the shire. Samwise Gagner being a prime example. Omark can be a Cogliano on another team. Hopefully we get a good return on him, but the roster needs more Hartikainnen and Vandevelde types in my view. Especially with the drafting of Nail. We will have to look at moving another less skilled small guy. Got my eye on you Gagner.

If Nail comes in, as he should, Gagner has to be on the hotseat to me. He can be moved for a quality D man. We need that badly. Gagner we don’t need badly. Opinion mine.

23. dawgtoy says:

Chucker the “too many hobbits in the shire” line had me rolling this morning. This from Terry Jones this morning on “The Yak.” It would appear he wants to be an Oiler.

Beat me to it.. hah.

Time to start marketing “The Yak Attack”!

Racki: Beat me to it.. hah.Time to start marketing “The Yak Attack”!

Should he wear no. 42 to honour those poor guys who died?

chucker: Should he wear no. 42 to honour those poor guys who died?

Yikes! I didn’t even connect the two.. perhaps Yak Attack isn’t such a good thing.. :S