Oilers 0, Kings 2 – Game 80 – 2012-04-02 @ 8:30 PM MST – SNETW

GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Los Angeles Kings
logo AT logo
32-38-9 Record 39-27-13
Location: Staples Center
Date: April 2, 2012 @ 8:30PM MST
TV: SNETW

The Oilers recalled Bryan Rodney today from OKC. He was the one acquired in the trade that sent Ryan O’Marra packing to Anaheim. Corey Potter is feeling “off” after being clocked by Bobby Ryan up high last night. So, Rodney may slot into that D spot. It’ll be a pretty scary defense tonight, if that is the case. Not a lot of NHL talent in there.

Other than that, I suspect the lineups to remain pretty much the same.

Edit: Lines have been juggled a bit.. see below.

OILERS LINES

Smyth – Nugent-Hopkins – Eberle
Hartikainen – Gagner – Hemsky
Jones – Horcoff – Petrell
Hordichuk – Belanger – Eager

Whitney – Schultz
Barker – Sutton
Rodney – Teubert

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

LIVE CHAT

Chat is currently closed.

9 Responses to “Oilers 0, Kings 2 – Game 80 – 2012-04-02 @ 8:30 PM MST – SNETW”

1. dawgtoy says:

Oilers have recalled defenceman Bryan Rodney (Ryan O’Marra trade) on an emergency basis from the OKCBarons.

2. G&S says:

So Corey Potter is out with a concussion after taking that head shot from Bobby Ryan. I am left to wonder two things:
    1) Why did he end up playing the rest of the game last night & 2) will this get any attention from Shannaban? Andy Sutton has been penalised for less blatant offenses but I am betting the league will do what it does best and turn a blind eye.

Anyways I am kind of excited to see this Bryan Rodney. Hearing good things about him on the farm.

I think it will go unpenalized. I honestly don’t get what the hell the NHL considers worthy of suspension though. Must be confusing for the players.

G&S: Hearing good things about him on the farm.

I’ve been hearing the exact opposite. On a OKC site, they have just shit on the trade saying he gives up more goals that he creates.

5. dawgtoy says:

Hemsky will be a game time decision as well, he didn’t finnish the game in Anaheim. If he can’t go we can expect Omark. That D is U.G.L.Y for tonight, Yuck!

It’s good thing Hemsky will be a game time decision. As soon as I heard he left with a shoulder injury I thought of reconstructive surgery…

Whitney/Schultz make a decent pairing, no top line exactly though but other than that we are looking quite thin on the blue line. We are now battling for 28/29th place. As much as I hate saying it, for the teams future, I hope we don’t lose our place in the draft.

Looking at the Kings roster, you’d think they should be contending for a top spot in the west although I have a feeling the game could go either way.

7. Alan-NottsUK says:

I’d rather have Hemsky sit tonight, if he didn’t finish last night no point risking him making an injury worse. It would be nice to have him actually start a season healthy.

zackman35:

Whitney/Schultz make a decent pairing, no top line exactly though but other than that we are looking quite thin onthe blue line. We are now battling for 28/29th place. As much as I hate saying it, for the teams future, I hope we don’t lose our place in the draft.

To be honest, I’ve been advocating climbing in the standings. But at this point, we’re a beaten team (by injuries) and how much better will I feel about being 28th than 29th? None really. 2nd pick overall (assuming a lotto win by C-bus) sounds good to me. Shitty we’re in this spot again, but I do think this team is improving at least.

Lines have been juggled. Per Jack Michaels… from THE OILERS!…… radio network: 94-93-14, 56-89-83, 37-10-28, 16-20-55. 6-15, 13-25, 19-33.