MMS out! What! I’d say that it’s getting earlier however this is really supposed to be last weeks, so I’m actually getting this out so late it seems early.
- Eberle hit 30 goals. Matheson thinks he’ll be a regular 50 goal scorer due to soft hands. My question is will he regularly shoot 20+%?
- Racki and I did some scouting on Saturday, and saw Dumba’s Rebels get shit-kicked by Reinhart’s Oil Kings. Reinhart is bigger, and punches people when they are on the ground so he gets my vote. Sounds like Racki’s too. We also picked up passes for the entire playoffs so we’ll get a good look at this kid. I forget what playoff hockey is like live, so that should also be interesting. I recommend checking out the hockey, it’s really good this year. And the entire playoff run can be had for $99. Good seats too (we are row 14).
- Ummm, outside of that I haven’t really paid all that much attention to the Oilers. I usually put the game on but quickly find something else to occupy my time.
- Oh wait, I think Renney is losing his shit. Twitter said he got a wee bit upset with his team after last nights game (shades of Mac T perhaps?). Also, why the hell is he running Whitney/Schultz out in the third pairing. I thought the trade was bad enough, but sending out a top pairing for a bottom 6 guy isn’t going to cut it Tambellini.
- Speaking of Mac-T, this is a solid interview with him. Good to see he’s enjoying himself. Looking forward to seeing him in the league again.
- This is an interesting post (I thought so at least) regarding the Wild’s time at the top and their subsequent fall. Also, it has to do with stats based analysis.
- This is also good. Basically what I’m saying is this new guy at Puck Daddy is pretty smart (because he agrees with me)
- Kronwall destroys Vorachek.
Personal rant time. Someone needs to tune in Kronwall. I know the cool thing to say now is “Why is there fighting after clean hits” but it comes down to sticking up for your teammates. If someone hits your teammate, clean or not, you back him up. Furthermore, he does a couple of those hits and gets his ass beat (instigator rule or not) and he’ll have second thoughts doing it next time. You don’t hit like that if you are unwilling to drop them after.
- GM meetings in Florida. Looks like they are discussing removing the red line, something or another about defensive zone hand passes and the hybrid icing.
Example of the hybrid icing in the USHL:
- The Burke’s have released their You Can Play PSA’s. Good on hockey for giving a shit.
- Not hockey related, but watch Archer damn it. Best show on TV.
Question of the Week
Should the GM’s add in the red line again?
Fight of the Week
I must say I’m pretty happy the Laffs have fallen out of it. Their fans are pretty annoying. Also, how surprising is it that Buffalo is in it now? I’d say that the single spot available is up for grabs by the following teams, Washington, Buffalo or Winnipeg. This will also be a good finish I’m guessing.
The Barons are still sitting in first in their conference (5 point lead on second) however have fallen back from first in the league by 7 to the Norfolk Admirals.
Still no scorers in the top 20, with Ryan Keller leading the team with 43 points in 59 games (he sits 43 in league scoring). Goaltending has started to drop as well, with Danis sitting 2nd in the league and LeNeveu witting 8th.
Oil Kings have locked up first in the conference, and currently sit tied for first in the entire league.
Michael St. Croix leads the team in scoring with 100 points in 69 games (and sits 8th in league scoring). Brossoit is currently 3rd in league goaltending.
8 Responses to “Monday Morning Standings”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.