– Gagner still lighting the lamp, 3 points in the game last night to bring his February to a respectable 18 points in 9 games.
– Renney still feeling the post-concussion symptoms. The league really needs to look at fighting/head shots in order to cut down on this.
– O’Marra was traded for an offensive AHL defenseman.
– Hemsky looking good again, just in time for him to be shipped out for a shitty return (seriously people, we should want to keep NHL talent on the team). Although, one of the MSM asshats was saying that he’s considering a 2 year deal which would be cherry (as yeah, even I recognize this hasn’t been his greatest year).
– Kruger got a win!
– Eberle still awesome.
– Tampa has started the fire sale, trading Downie for a Quincey, then turning around and flipping Quincey for a 1st round pick (and a prospect I heard)
– Montreal traded Gill to Nashville for a kid that now has way too much hype on him.
– Tampa traded Kubina to Philly for a bunch of picks, and Dallas traded Grossman to Philly for a bunch of picks.
– Comrie retired. Looks like he’ll have to spend some more time with Duff.
– James Neal got extended for 6 years and 30 mil.
– No surprises on the latest player poll.
Question of the Week
What is a fair deal for Smyth or Hemsky? (Contract or trade)
Fight of the Week
The fight for 8th is heating up, with Phoenix moving up to the 7th spot (following a terrible few weeks by the Kings). Anaheim is moving closer to making it interesting too. But I’m willing to bet this is how it’ll end up.
Toronto is holding down the 8th spot, but it’s close between them and Winnipeg and Washington (caps also have a game in hand). I don’t see the Leafs holding on, and it’ll probably be Winnipeg that makes it in.
Looks as though the BJ’s have locked up #1, and the Oilers have locked up #2. Now we can just hope for the luck of the draw to come out in our favor.
The Barons still sit in first, despite Edmonton’s plans to tank their season too. They sit with 71 points, 5 up on 2nd in the conference. They are 2nd in the league behind only the IceCaps (seriously, are these guys owned by Timmehs?)
Keller still leads the team in scoring with 39 in 50 games, and he sits 35th in league scoring so you know the team is getting it done by defense and goaltending. Speaking of which, Danis and Leneveu are sitting 1/2 respectively in the league.
The Oil Kings sit 1st in their conference with 85 points in 60 games, and 3nd in the league behind the Winterhawks and Blazers. As a testament to how terrible the other conference is, the top 5 teams have already locked up the playoffs while in the Oil Kings conference no one has locked up a playoff spot.
St. Croix still leads the team in scoring with 92 points in 60 games (Raider prospect Mark Stone leads the WHL with 104 points in 56 games!) and sits 6th in league scoring. Brossoit sits 4th in goaltending.
The CHL also currently ranks the Oil Kings the 6th best team in the entire CHL.
19 Responses to “Monday Morning Standings”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.