Oilers 2, Blues 5 – Game 63 – 2012-02-29 @ 8:00 PM MST – 2/3rds on SNETW

GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. St. Louis Blues - Toronto Sucks Nuts
logo vs. logo
25-31-6 Record 39-17-7
Location: Rexall Place
Date: February 29, 2012 @ 8:00PM MST
TV: SNETW – after Leafs game

So tonight will be our first chance to watch Nick Schultz in action. However, it would appear (or so is the rumor) that we will have to miss part of this game thanks to the bitches at TSN buying up “exclusivity rights” to be the only peeps showing any hockey for the span of the Maple Leafs game. Do they really think I’m going to up their ratings by watching the Leafs game while my Oilers are on? I won’t be watching any of that game. I probably wouldn’t anyways, but all this does is piss me off, rather than convince me to watch one of their games. So, a big F You goes out to TSN for this, and to the NHL for actually allowing this. Sorry Toronto, but you are not the center of the universe, despite what TSN and much of CBC tell you. I can only hope that this is a misunderstanding, or TSN changes their way and allows Sportsnet to show the game in its entirety. But seeing as how Sportsnet says they will be joining the game in progress.. it seems our only hope hangs on TSN having a change of heart / wakes the f— up.

So.. on to the game. Usual suspects are scratched, plus Sutton in favor of Schultz. I’d prefer to see Barker out, but I can only assume that they’re doing their due diligence here to fully test that this turd can’t float before jettisoning him at the end of the year.

Doobie gets the start again.

EDIT: Game on!!! TSN has lifted the doucheban… we can now watch the game in its entirety. A half-hearted apology to TSN for throwing a fan-fit. I know I’m not the only one though.

OILERS LINES (projected)

Hall-Nugent-Hopkins-Hemsky
Smyth-Gagner-Eberle
Jones-Horcoff-Eager
Hordichuk-Belanger-Petrell

Smid – Petry
Whitney – Schultz
Barker – Potter

Dubnyk
Danis

LIVE CHAT

Chat is currently closed.

9 Responses to “Oilers 2, Blues 5 – Game 63 – 2012-02-29 @ 8:00 PM MST – 2/3rds on SNETW”

Per NHL_Oilers, this game will now be shown in its entirety. But the NHL originally was blocking the start of this game per exclusivity for TSN.

Power to the people!

And Chucker, the game starts at 8:00PM MST tonight. Pre-game starts at 7:30.

3. G&S says:

Really pumped for this one as I always am when a newly aquired player makes his debut with the oil.

Now I fully expect some growing pains on a different looking D with Schultz so I think we have remian patient with Nick and the D as a whole as they look to forge a new identity together but I really think this deal, over time will be looked back on as both a significant and positive one for the oil.

I liked the improved Tom Gilbert of this season but I will take a more stable and vetran backend any day of the week!

4. SoCalOIl says:

Not understanding why MPS is getting scratched again.

SoCalOIl:
    Not understanding why MPS is getting scratched again.

Sent to the Barons today for their playoff push.

6. dawgtoy says:

chucker: Sportsnet West shows it starting at 7:30PM Mountain, right after Oil Change Season 2.

Is that a new episode?

Steve-O: Sent to the Barons today for their playoff push.

Awesome, I hope everyone does really well this year down there. I wonder if they will reunite the Swede line.

dawgtoy: Is that a new episode?

And Dawgtoy, I know you weren’t the biggest fan of the POTF FHL league draft (think you were skeptical of Yandle going over OV) but are you going to join anytime soon? I think Splats’ team is still looking for a new owner, you could start off drafting (what it looks to be top 3) pretty high! Are you interested at all?

Splat’s team has already been taken over, as has BostonOiler’s team. But who knows what 2012-13 season will bring. Everyone currently in the pool has been active enough.. no complaints from NorOil and I, so would only be an opening if someone decided the pool isn’t for them (which I haven’t heard anyone say, thankfully!).

Re: all Swede line, I would bet money on it happening sooner than later.

chucker:

On SNET West on Shaw, I see Oil Change episode from 7:30-8:30, then 8:30 onward is the Oilers game.

At any rate, this is obviously wrong and based on TSNs’ exclusivity (which has been waived).. so you can expect the game to start at 8:00, and they will do pre-game at 7:30.

And @Dawgtoy, no this wasn’t a new episode.