Marincin traded to Regina Pats, Brule claimed off recall waivers by Phoenix.

By , January 10, 2012 10:25 am

Gilbert Brule is now a Phoenix Coyotes

Gilbert Brule is now a Phoenix Coyotes

The Phoenix Coyotes have claimed forward Gilbert Brule off recall waivers. This means that the Oilers will have a $925K cap hit (well, to simplify) on the year rather than $1.85M. When a player is claimed on recall waivers such as this, the original team is “on the hook” for half of the cap hit, while the new team is on the hook for half (the same goes for salary). I think this is a good thing. Gilbert Brule’s oft injured/sick/whatever situation wasn’t doing the Oilers any favors. Great guy, and I wish him well in Phoenix. I hope he can become a better NHLer there. My prediction though is the Coyotes eventually cut him loose too, and the Oilers take him back for Oklahoma City. Just a guess.

Martin Marincin was also traded today to the Regina Pats (from Prince George Cougars). This is great news for Marincin, as the Cougars are an AWFUL team, while the Pats are quite good. As a reminder, the Pats are Jordan Eberle’s old team. They have a shot at the playoffs, whereas the Cougars are definitely mailing the season in.

9 Responses to “Marincin traded to Regina Pats, Brule claimed off recall waivers by Phoenix.”

Brule has seemed healthy this year so far, and third in scoring on OKC. Should he get a real shot with the Coyotes I see him sticking.

Another blogger posted a quote of one of the coaches in OKC.. apparently he’s been scratched there in 10-ish games due to the usual stuff.

I do hope that he sticks with the Coyotes though. Absolutely nothing against him… just he can’t help us out when he misses so much hockey. Need more reliable bodies when this team is so often injured as is.

3. West Coast Oil says:

Are you kidding? This is TERRIBLE news!

I’ve got tix for the Cougars tonight …

4. dawgtoy says:

Eberle will be out 2-3 weeks as per the Oilers news release and twitter.

West Coast Oil:
    Are you kidding? This is TERRIBLE news!

I’ve got tix for the Cougars tonight …

hah, sorry to hear that then. Terrible news if you were counting on watching the Cougars more this year :P But good news for all else.

Dawg: Could have been a lot worse. guess that sets his return for after the All Star Break

Don’t know if it’s been said anywhere else on here, but according to copper and blue, Gilbert is out until February. Which sucks

The Nuge, Whitney, Gilbert, and Eberle all out.. and a Hemsky shoulder explosion imminent any moment now.. I’d say this season is going to continue to go into the dumps. Damn it.

Negative sir, Hemsky will stay healthy and start putting up points…you’ll regret trading him.

9. hemmerlady says:

Racki:

it’s not looking good. i’d say there’s always next year but we’re a little weary of that one.
    I should make a bar graph of the oil’s annual man-games lost to injury vs. league. sooooo frustrated.