Oilers 2, Sharks 1 (SO) – Game 48 – 2012-01-23 @ 7:30 PM MST – TSN

GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. San Jose Sharks
logo vs. logo
17-26-4 Record 26-14-5
Location: Rexall Place
Date: January 23, 2012 @ 7:30PM MST
TV: TSN

So a couple of bits of news to get out of the way for the game day thread… one, Jordan Eberle is going to the All Star game! Normally I wouldn’t be too excited.. because the All Star game is crap. But it will give me reason to watch it. It’ll give opportunity for more showcasing of our talent here. I wish we had Hall or Nuge there too. The other bit of news is that the Nuge will NOT be at the All Star weekend. Oh well, no big deal. Also, if you hadn’t heard it, apparently the Oilers are going to very likely extend Steve Tambellini’s contract soon. That is disappointing, but I have been wondering if Katz, Lowe and Tambellini all had planned on tanking for at least this long ahead of time and decided that nothing would steer them off course. Are they here by design or by incompetence? It sure would be nice to know that for sure.

Anyways, tonights game will likely be unwatchable. I will watch it, because I am masochistic.

OILERS LINES

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Hartikainen-Horcoff-Hemsky
Smyth-Lander-Paajarvi
Petrell-Belanger-Jones

Smid – Petry
Sutton – Chorney
Peckham – Potter

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

LIVE CHAT

Please use the comments section to make comments (for posterity’s sake), rather than the chat box, until the game starts.

Chat is currently closed.

8 Responses to “Oilers 2, Sharks 1 (SO) – Game 48 – 2012-01-23 @ 7:30 PM MST – TSN”

1. ieatboogs says:

I will watch the game as well because I believe I must punish my eyes with the same passion I punish my liver.

LOL Nice.. well, thankfully those two things go hand in hand with Oilers hockey, don’t they?

3. ieatboogs says:

Vicious cycle.

Apparently the lines have been juggled. I like it. I’ve wanted to see Hartikainen play with Hemsky for a while, actually. It will happen tonight. Hopefully the two have chemsitry. The 3rd and 1st lines also look good on paper.

5. Alan-NottsUK says:

I already did that tonight.

Now do I pay more attention to WWE or the Oilers tonight

6. NorwegianOiler says:

Are they here by design or by incompetence?

Incompetence, surely.

They made it abundantly clear before the season that the goal was to win and do it often.
    Pressure was put on our players to perform, though nothing has been said of the results
    since then. Instead, amazingly, they apparently want to extend the captain behind this
    failure. Not a good idea.

7. NorwegianOiler says:

And if by some definition they are in this position by ‘design’, they are utterly incompetent for it. It would be an atrocity to piss away RFA years for our best youngsters (signing and playing the Nuge for example) in a season they ‘designed’ to tank.

They had their window to attempt to remedy our worst issue (defense), but either couldn’t see the problem or couldn’t do anything to fix it. That makes me think it’s time to bring in someone a bit more proactive for the next phase – climbing in the standings.

Yah I can’t say I disagree at all, NorOil. I was just wondering what was going through their heads. I was trying to justify how Tambellini could get a contract extension… I just don’t understand that at all.