Oilers 1, Devils 2 (OT) – Game 42 – 2012-01-11 @ 7:00 PM MST – TSN

GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. New Jersey Devils
logo vs. logo
16-22-3 Record 23-17-2
Location: Rexall Place
Date: January 11th, 2012 @ 7:00PM MST
TV: TSN

So, the Oilers are quite a broken bunch. So broken, that even one of their new callups is questionable for tonight. How’s that happen? That person in question is Ryan O’Marra, who is feeling under the weather. Milan Kytnar has been recalled from the ECHL. That statement alone is crazy, and I never thought I’d hear that. I figured Kytnar would disappear into the system never to be found again.. washing up in Europe at some point. But I’m glad he’s getting a shot, and hopefully he makes the best of it.

The Devils are coming off a 6-3 loss versus the Flames yesterday. Yes, back-to-back games for the Devils. If history serves, that will mean that they will be angry against the Oilers tonight and thump us. Exciting times! Johan Hedberg will get the start tonight.

Things are getting bleaker and bleaker for the Oilers, with the key injuries again, and us already sitting in a familiar spot in the standings. Oi. Sorry for the doom and gloom, folks, but I don’t see it getting any better any time soon.

OILERS LINES

Taylor Hall – Sam Gagner – Ales Hemsky
Ryan Smyth – Shawn Horcoff – Ryan Jones
Magnus Paajarvi – Eric Belanger – Anton Lander
Darcy Hordichuk – Ryan O’Marra / Milan Kytnar – Ben Eager

Ladislav Smid – Jeff Petry
Andy Sutton – Corey Potter
Theo Peckham – Colten Teubert

Nikolai Khabibulin
Devan Dubnyk

LIVE CHAT

Chat is currently closed.

8 Responses to “Oilers 1, Devils 2 (OT) – Game 42 – 2012-01-11 @ 7:00 PM MST – TSN”

1. hemmerlady says:

our call up is sick so we need a call up for our call up? Do we need to get reserves from Midget AA, the stick boys, assistant coaches? WTF. So unfair. It’s becoming my mantra. “It’s not our fault. We’ve lost 130+ man-games to injury this year” for the last what, 4 years…?

well sometimes when we expect we’ll suck, is when other teams expect us to suck, and then we surprise them with our grit (in this case, we’ll intimidate them with 18-yr olds — no, no, injured 18-year-olds.) I will not be holding my breath, but rather the remote in order to take the armchair-coward’s way out if necessary. (and I believe I will…)

2. Alan-NottsUK says:

283 last year 530+ the year before. It really has been 2 years of bad luck on that front.

It wasn’t as bad, but 2007-08 wasn’t a good year either. I’m not sure how many man games were lost, but we lost Souray, Greene, Horcoff, Torres, Moreau, Pisani to long term injuries (plus Pitkanen to about 20). This team seems to have a curse that’s lingered around for more than 2 years. Every team has their injury woes, but it seems like we’re always losing key players for quite a long term. This year I don’t think has been too terrible yet though, comparatively speaking to other seasons lol

4. Alan-NottsUK says:

less games better players?

Hall, Eberle, RNH, Whitney, Gilbert, Hemsky & Gagner have all missed multiple games this year. best 2 D best 5 forwards.

Yah I am not saying this year is bad, just it hasn’t seemed as bad compared to other seasons. We’re always losing big name players it seems, so that isn’t much new. But this year, most of the injuries haven’t been for a lot of games i don’t think, aside for Gilbert. The other guys maybe will miss about a dozen ish each on average? Still not quite known yet though.

6. hemmerlady says:

OTL….I think what hurts (most) is it wasn’t a blowout game, it was yet another close one. And we lost. Again.

But, hey, they got a point out of it. Not completely terrible. It’s a step in the right direction, and good when you think about the fact that the leagues #1 PK allowed a goal by us! Mind you, that same PK also scored a goal against us (but they lead the league in that too). And this without our top defensemen and arguably 2 best forwards.

8. hemmerlady says:

you’re refreshingly optimistic. which I think the team and the fans need right now…