Dan Carcillo Shanabanned for 7 Games for Dangerous Hit on Tom Gilbert

By , January 4, 2012 7:25 pm

Brendan Shanahan came down pretty hard on Dan Carcillo for his hit on Tom Gilbert in the game against Chicago on Monday. He received 7 games for the hit.

What do you guys think? Too heavy? Too light? Just right? I’d say given Carcillo’s rap sheet, it’s probably about just right.. however it might be a little on the heavy side. But at the same time, I’ve always said how much I hate these hits like this where the defenseman is pretty defenseless trying to go for a puck with the forward having free reign on him. So yah.. 7 games is fine by me.

7 Responses to “Dan Carcillo Shanabanned for 7 Games for Dangerous Hit on Tom Gilbert”

Are you still in Mexico? Cause I think you might be doing this vacation thing wrong…just sayin’

Then again, it probably can’t hurt to check in on Trogdor and I.

Also, you should have made fire Tambellini/Lowe one of your poll options.

3. Trogdor says:

Yeah! Stop putting the ho in holiday and relax a little. Or on the flipside start putting the ho in holiday! Feel free to do up a GDT for tonight’s game though. Then you’re done.

haha, the g/f got Bronchitis, and it slowed everything way the eff down. Almost 10 AM now, and still sleeping away. Definitely feels a lot better though, thankfully, but it definitely took the wind out of our sails. No more drinking (boooooooooooooo)…. less going out and doing stuff. I’m hoping that if I let her sleep in for a while this A.M. that today and tomorrow we’ll be able to do stuff.

I’ll let one of you folks handle the GDT tonight, however :P

5. Alan-NottsUK says:

considering it’s his 3rd suspension of the year(12 months) and 10th disciplinary, in a 5.5 year career, I think it should have been longer.

The only thing that was going to come off that ‘hit’ was an injury, the puck wasn’t there, it was a couple of feet from the boards, just an all round stupid thing to do.

6. G&S says:

Today Brian Burke spoke out on abolishing the instigator rule and for once I agree with him.

“You see guys that run around and start stuff and won’t back it up and it makes me sick to my stomach.” -Brian Burke

This isn’t exactly new or anything but his timing on bringing this debate back into focus is right on the money. Guys like Carcillo would definitely be forced too think twice before going head hunting/cheap shoting. I think we would see a dramatic drop in these types of incidents without the instigator rule.

Removing the instigator wouldn’t stop Carcillo… no chance. But it might slow down a guy such as Clutterbuck a bit.

At any rate, I’m all for removing the instigator.