– Eberle got selected to the All Star game, should be a nice little bonus on his pay cheque.
– Rumors abound about Hemsky being traded (booo personally) and Gagner being on the block (boo again). I wouldn’t do either unless you have a current top 4 D man coming back. Some other rumor monger is saying that there is interest in Peckham and Sutton too. What kind of rebuild trades away kids too?
– All Star teams were picked, Eberle got selected by Team Chara. Couture ended up being picked last, and apparently got a old person car. Datsyuk was picked first, cause he’s pretty fucking awesome.
– Tim Thomas was a right wing nut bag, but meh. I would have personally loved to have gone to meet Obama and see the white house, but then again I’m Canadian and I’d be like a fucking tourist. “Look! That’s where JFK banged the shit outta Monroe!”
– Ovechkin got suspended 3 games for a high hit, and subsequently removed himself from the All Star festivities.
– Puck Daddy has an interesting contributor called The Player, who is a current player and offers some insight to the game. My guess is it is a college grad, and union rep. Since I am Oilers biased, I’m guessing Horcoff.
Question of the week
What year of the rebuild do you think we are on? I have heard lots of people lately saying “Well, we are only 2 years into a rebuild” which strikes me personally as wrong (I think we’ve been rebuilding since 2007 personally, but that’d make the management team look stupid), but I’d be interested in what you all think.
Fight of the week
I think Tambellini is in for his toughest challenge as GM…Columbus isn’t going to be easy to catch. Although from what I’ve seen, Tambellini is pretty good at tanking so we can’t count the Oilers out of it just yet. As for the rest of the west, I’d say that only Anaheim, Edmonton and Columbus are out of it at this point.
Looks to be some separation between 9th and 10th, but I’d be willing to bet that 11 thru 15 all miss the playoffs.
The Barons are currently sitting in first in the league, with 59 points in 43 games. There are a few teams sitting back with 56 points.
Ryan Keller leads the team in points with 33 in 41 games (14 goals) but he only sits 29th in scoring. Not surprisingly, OKC goalies sit 3rd and 5th in the league.
Also coach Nelson, Cornet (F), Danis (G), Plante (D) and Keller (F) were named to the AHL All Star game, with Philippe Cornet and Alex Plante being named as starters.
Oil Kings currently sit 1st in their conference (3rd in the league) with 70 points in 49 games.
Michael St. Croix sits 3rd in league scoring with 77 points in 49 games (31 goals), and Dylan Wruck sits 11th with 64 in 49. Laurent Brossoit is the 4th ranked goalie.
Also, the Oil Kings are rated the 6th best team in the entire CHL rankings. Pretty sweet.
6 Responses to “All Star Monday Morning Standings”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.