Oilers 2, Coyotes 4 – Game 31 – 2011-12-15 @ 7:30 PM MST – SNET EDM

GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Phoenix Coyotes
logo at logo
14-12-3 Record 15-12-3
Location: Jobing.com Arena
Date: December 15, 2011 @ 7:30 MST
TV: SNET EDM

It has been so long since the last Oilers game (4 days off) that I got accustomed to no Oilers hockey, and almost forgot there was a game tonight.

Tonight the Oil face the Coyotes. The Coyotes sit just above the Oilers in the West standings at 9th place, with 2 more points. So I’d say this is an important game, not that they all aren’t.

We should see the return of both Taylor Hall and Corey Potter, which is fan-fuckingtastic news for a team that’s had a bit of a tough go in their last 10. The Oilers are in a small bind though… they have 24 bodies on their roster if Hall and Potter return. That means they need to send someone down. Who do they send down? Obvious choices are: Anton Lander, Lennart Petrell, Magnus Paajarvi, or Colten Teubert. Who goes? I say Paajarvi. Will he though? Wonder what Omark would suggest on this…

Devan Dubnyk will get the start tonight. Tom Renney says “he’s just tired”, in regards to Nikolai Khabibulin. Is it really a back-to-back start for Dubnyk if he had 4 nights of rest? I don’t think so. Anyways, this stuff about Khabi is definitely a concern. Perhaps they are just being overly cautious (which has been the theme with a few guys this year), but it doesn’t sound so good. But sure… rest him up. Hopefully Dubnyk can find his game again.

OILERS LINES

Gagner – Nugent-Hopkins – Eberle
Hall – Horcoff – Hemsky
Smyth – Belanger – Jones
Eager – Lander – Petrell

Smid – Gilbert
Whitney – Petry
Peckham – Potter

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

LIVE CHAT

Chat is currently closed.

8 Responses to “Oilers 2, Coyotes 4 – Game 31 – 2011-12-15 @ 7:30 PM MST – SNET EDM”

Teubert back to OKC

Holy crap this HBO 24/7 is fucking awesome. Stop what you’re doing and watch it now. Do it.

3. John says:

Alright, Hall AND Potter back in?! Also they get the ‘Yotes on the 2nd half of back to back games… I finally smell a win for the Oil !!!

4. dawgtoy says:

Wow that fourth goal is a stinker. Woof

5. dawgtoy says:

dawgtoy:
    Wow that fourth goal is a stinker. Woof, back breaker…Game Over!

6. dawgtoy says:

Booooooo

7. Grass&sOIL says:

I hate to say it but I am now starting to doubt Renney’s ability to coach this team. It may just be the frustration getting the best of me at the moment but twice now we have not been ready to play against teams on the tail end of back to backs when we have been well rested. This is unacceptable. If Renny cannot get this team to play the way they are capable of then It is time to find someone who can.

Like I said it my just be my initial frustration coming off of another piss poor performance and I may have a change of heart after I cool off and when I wake up tomorrow but I don’t think I will be able to watch many more game like these ones and still endorse wanting the Oil keep Renney in the fold.

Dubnyk needs a stint in OKC too.

Yah, awful 4th goal. Awful, awful.

Not a very well played game by the Oilers either. Doobie had to stop too many shots. How is it that teams can own us in back to backs, and it’s an excuse for us when we lose a back to back?