Oilers 5, Wild 2 – Game 22 – 2011-11-25 @ 2:00 PM MST – SNETW

GDT: Edmonton Oilers at Minnesota Wild
logo at logo
11-8-2 Record 13-5-3
Location: Xcel Lack-of-energy-for-the-Oilers Center
Date: Movember 25, 2011 @ 2:00 MST
TV: SNETW

So back to the building where the Oilers haven’t won in 17 straight games. No curse there, folks.. no curse. WE GOT THIS. It’s an early one today too. Who the hell plays hockey at 2PM?? The unemployed don’t even play hockey at that time. This is ridiculous. I’ll be missing this one while I’m stuck working. Maybe I can sneak away to a neighboring pub.

Anyways, I don’t see the Oilers breaking the streak against a team that is currently hot, but that sure would be nice and do wonders for our road confidence.

Alex Plante has been returned to Oklahoma City, as Ryan Whitney returns tonight. Lineup will be edited when I find out what is happening. Also returning tonight is Oil Change Season 2. Episode 2 airs tonight at 8pm on CityTV, then again on Sunday at 9pm on Sportsnet West.

No prediction today again, as we seem to be doing well when I’m not jinxing us.

OILERS LINES

Smyth – Nugent-Hopkins – Eberle
Hall – Horcoff – Hemsky
Jones – Belanger – Gagner
Paajarvi – Lander – Eager

Smid – Gilbert
Whitney – Petry
Peckham – Teubert

Khabibulin
Dubnyk

LIVE CHAT

Chat is currently closed.

15 Responses to “Oilers 5, Wild 2 – Game 22 – 2011-11-25 @ 2:00 PM MST – SNETW”

Early one, tonight!

2. dawgtoy says:

Playing hooky this afternoon. Moo hah hah…squeeeeeeee.
    Can they break the 17 game curse? My gut thinks no, hope I’m wrong though. Great college football game today as well, first ranked LSU vs third ranked Arkansas. Too bad they’re on at the same damn time. GOilers!

Oh boy, I will still be sitting in last class when this one starts. Hopefully we can come out of this one with an offensive explosion, wouldn’t that be nice.

I like the Oil Change series but the HBO Road to Winter classic is something special, I’m pretty sure today is the premier for this years eddition.

In other news my girlfriend is taking me to the Preds game next week, anyone going to be there?!

4. Grass&sOIL says:

Am I asking too must to see another Gagner fight tonight?

5. Alan-NottsUK says:

where are you all! :p

6. Mr.Majestyk says:

must be out shopping even if its an American thing.

EDIT: No HBO premier, guess its not till December. Nice win by the Oil this afternoon, the curse is over! And somewhat of an offensive outbreak in Mini, they were sure flying the last few minutes!

8. john says:

Hell ya! the dreaded Minny curse is finally broken wooooooot!!!

Worked. Which fucking sucked that I couldn’t see this. But I believe I had the foresight to record it. I believe. God I hope.

10. hemmerlady says:

God I’m so happy we won this game. To add to my glee, I’ve been listening to local sports radio. The level of concern for the canuckleheads’ play so far is reaching astronomical heights. :D

Finally broke the Minny curse and I was working as well. Oh well. Nice to see the highlights at least!

12. Mr.Majestyk says:

It was a great game, glad the curse is broken.

I listened to period 2 and part of 3 on the radio.. never felt more excited about the radio experience than yesterday. lol Then I watched it on PVR last night. Great game.

14. oilinblood says:

oilers forwards 1-13 are becoming a more cohesive group. I thought that in the loss to boston it was beginning to look like the issues with individualism on the ice were becoming a rarity (a game i felt we could have won if not for barker). now 6 games later(?) we seem to be a real team where 4 lines go over the boards and execute the system and game plan on a second to second and shift by shift basis. with everyone on the same page the skill can come out as players will know exactly what their linemates will be doing and that is half the battle. hemsky looking closer to game speed -with his reactions- and whitney will need 6-8 games to get to full gallop. khabi, to me, has let in a bad goal here and there but i dont think he has had a bad game (including ottawa!).

great stuff. good road lines tonight. lots of multi-point performances is a good sign of some cohesion. the best part is that these nights are pretty common for us now.

Mr.Majestyk:
    It was a great game, glad the curse is broken.

Not tp be a downer, but I too was super excited that the curse was broken…until I found out Harding had played, maybe Backstrom was/is the curse!!!

lol