Welcome to your Monday (Wednesday) Morning Standings!
– Renney made some comment about sitting the Nuge for a game so he can take a look from the press box and Oilers fans shit themselves. Which caused Renney to call them stupid (or something close to that). Made me laugh.
– Hemsky should be back soon (another week I think?), and in my opinion join the Horcoff and Smyth line. They can then go power against power, continue to roll the kids against the league dregs and let our third and fourth lines try to out chance their opponents. Good plan to me.
– Pronger had his eye poked out. Which has now caused a visor discussion. Personally I’m all for letting the players choose (hell, I just went to a visor only this year myself…and it sucks).
– Florida/Vancouver trade – David Booth, Steve Reinprecht (who will stay in the minors apparently) and a 2013 3rd to the Canucks for Mikael Samuelsson and Marco Sturm. Booth is a good pickup.
– Montreal/Phoenix trade – Brock Trotter and a 2012 7th to the Coyotes for Petteri Nokelainen and Garrett Stafford. Meh.
– Jagr scored a couple goals and looked to be in fine form…although it was against Toronto (i know, i know…early season cup favorites but still)
– The Nuge is leading the rookies in scoring! Landeskog is right up there too so I don’t feel so bad about wanting to draft him. Others doing well are Luke Adam (helping me out in the keeper pool!), Craig Smith(?), Matt Read(?), Colin Greening (?) and Sean Couturier.
– Kessel is channeling his inner scorer, but we all know he’ll stop scoring in November.
– Souray is playing really well in Dallas…I thought he was all washed up in Hersey? That’s what the scouts said. Or maybe everyone was just trying to get Tambellini to waive him.
Question for everyone – When do we go for it all? Chicago won it all when Kane was still on his ELC, so do we try when Hall is on his? So next year? Cause once he + Eberle + Paajarvi get paid then it gets more difficult to fill out the rest of the roster. Or do we try to time it when the Nuge is ending his ELC and some of the kid D men are in? Interested to hear your ideas.
Fight of the Week
And on to the standings. Elliotte Friedman mentioned an interesting fact re: standings at the start of November (and others have mentioned this about the standings at the start of December), but the gist is that most of the teams in the playoffs at this point make it at the end of the season, and specifically anyone 6 points or more out have a real difficult time making it in. I found that interesting. Can’t find it now (I think it was in one of his 30 thoughts) but yeah…
Pittsburgh may be leading the way, however they also have 3 more games than most of the teams for whatever reason. I find goal differential to be pretty important, so I find it interesting that Boston and the Rangers are as low as they are and Toronto and Tampa should be regressing. Then again it is early, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see those teams move.
Nice to see the Oilers sitting above 8th spot, but not sure how it will last. Only 1 away game (where we can be line matched and the kids won’t see the easy opposition anymore). But still, nice to see. Looking at goal differential, San Jose will be moving up the standings I’m thinking but other than that everything looks to be playing out as it should. How’s the bottom look Calgary?
Still in the first month, so no standings yet, but very promising seeing everyone still excited about the pool. Remember, only 5 days left in the month (set your roster!).
9 Responses to “Monday Morning Standings”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.