By , September 20, 2011 11:58 am

Tonight you get two for the price of one! (well, none, really)

Tonight you get two for the price of one! (well, none, really)

So it’s two for one night tonight with the Oilers. I’ll be going to the game here in Edmonton, vs. the Wild. And the lucky Saskatoon bastards will get to see Ryan Nugent-Hopkins play with Smyth and Eberle. *envious*.

Which game will you be watching tonight, if either?

Here are tonight’s lineups/rosters:

5 MONTADOR, Steve
32 SCOTT, John
55 STANTON, Ryan

GOALTENDERS

30 EMERY, Ray
53 SALAK, Alexander

Eager is out with an undisclosed injury. He was supposed to play in the Wild game. I wonder if this is courtesy of the Tulupov hit.

39 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 3 – Wild 4 and Oilers 4 – Blackhawks 2 – Pre-season Game 1&2 – 2011-09-20 @ 7:00 PM MST – Webcast”

No Heatley to boo tonight… damn

2. Mr.Majestyk says:

Looks like the Wild are icing a pretty veteran lineup, atleast up front it looks like.

3. Dman09 says:

Totally be watching the game in EDM, should be a old fashioned battle with all the physical players in the game.

Nice to see both games will be streamed. Think I’ll be tuning in when I can to the Oilers/Hawks game. Looking forward to seeing Smitty in an Oilers jersey again with Eberle who is one of my favs and RNH since I’ve never seen him play before.

Hockey’s back! My son made his high school team so hockey’s back on two fronts! Woohoo!

I wish they had RNH here. Jerks.

6. dawgtoy says:

It’ll be game two for me, the brothers Toews vs RNH,Smitty,Eberle. Also have Teddy trying out the Right side, and Hartikainen, VV, Martindale should be an interesting line as well. Unfortunately no Tulupov, but game one might be a little more “old time hockey.” plus I’m sure Racki will have a nice breakdown ofvwhat he sees in game one.

Yup, I’ll try and take as many mental notes as I can.

8. John says:

No brainer for me, Chicago v.s. Smitty, RNH, & my favourite young gun Eberle; done & done !

9. neufab says:

I’m going with Smitty & Eberle also. I am stoked to see some wins this season!

10. John says:

Well apperantly I’m not watching either game, both come up “not available in your area…”when I click on them. You can’t see me but I’m giving the double finger to whoever is responsible for this fuck-up! Now I have to turn on Sportsnet & watch the Lames :(

John: Well apperantly I’m not watching either game, both come up “not available in your area…”when I click on them. You can’t see me but I’m giving the double finger to whoever is responsible for this fuck-up! Now I have to turn on Sportsnet & watch the Lames

Yeah, I can’t watch either. Apparently you have to be in AB or SK to watch. Oh well.

12. John says:

Well the fingering worked, get both games now lol. I see Khabbi’s game hasn’t improved *roll eyes*

13. Mr.Majestyk says:

I got both games and i’m in Ontario. The Wild game is being broadcast by Michaels and Stauffer and they said there was some technical difficulty.

14. USA oiler says:

Well this stinks, i won’t be able to see RNH’s first pro outing because I live in Philadelphia where I can’t watch the game online because “video not available. Check local listings for channels” :(

No chatango?

16. Mr.Majestyk says:

Selfish Racki went to the game without setting up the chat first. :)

Basterd. Lol

18. Mr.Majestyk says:

If you get put on camera, or are with someone female and get put on camera, the Oilers camera man thinks you’re hot, or the person you’re with is hot. lol

19. hemmerlady says:

losing. d’oh (game 1)
    edit: Interesting to look at who’s in net for the game we’re currently losing, and who’s in net for the game that’s a draw so far

20. dawgtoy says:

Terrible quality on both streams, they both SUCK!

I am slum chatting on the OMB.

22. dawgtoy says:

3-3 in Edmonton 2-2 in Saskatoon. The Edmonton Stream of the game is a complete joke, not even able to watch.

23. hemmerlady says:

oh?? Oilers page refresh= FAIL

dawgtoy:

Yeah. I am now Chedding it.

Update from edm… Swedes look fantastic. Barker can slow time down. Khabi still brutal. Tyrvainen is fun to watch. Hall was remarkable in period one

Sounds like good games.

27. hemmerlady says:

thanks for the update Racki. Yay Ebs. #Winning! /non-douchery

28. Grass&sOIL says:

Racki:

I am officially campaigning to have Tyrvainen start the season on the Oilers. He is the type of player that every team needs these days(agitator who can pot a few!!!). Lander making a strong case too!!! Khabby making a case but one for a trip overseas.

Well I was able to watch the 3rd of the Hawks/Oilers game! Great finish, 4-2 with the empty netter. Kind of hard to follow on a computer screen, didn’t really notice RNH all that much but I was multi-tasking so not 100% focussed. Ebs with the laser shot for the go ahead goal though, very nice.

Hall was pretty much on fire all night offensively. He didn’t end up with any points, but man did he ever generate a lot of chances. He was -2 though, so he might have had some defensive issues. It was tough to notice that stuff, as I can’t remember a single goal being scored in the end my seats were in (For either team).

BTW, I really like what I see of Barker so far. He’s got that star caliber poise to him like Whitney. The play seems to slow down when he’s in control of the puck or when someone is breaking down on him. I think he’ll be good for us.

Also, it’s hard not to get all caught up in the pre-season hype, but the line that my buddy I went to the game with called the IKEA line was phenomenal. Omark was very hungry for the puck. He showed again why he deserves to be here. Lander seemed to be alright. Paajarvi is a pretty passive flower on that line despite being the biggest, but he has great offensive skill. That was a good taste of what the all-Swede line can do.

33. oilinblood says:

lander looked great i thought. he has poise and good vision. cam will show people why he was a top pick and great junior. as i have said before, i dont see how barkers talents can just vanish, therefore i expect a big year out of him (and alot of crow on peoples dinner plates).

what i like about the swede line is that it would make a good checking line as much as an energy or scoring line. omark has proven he battles hard defensively and magnum will be better with lander than without. if thats our checking line…im honestly VERY excited. right now:

hall horcoff eberle
    smyth gagner hemsky
    magnus lander omark
    jones belanger hordi

whitney gilbert
    barker smid
    peckham petry
    sutton

dubnyk
    my mom

I think Barker and Gilbert will wind up partners. I just don’t think Whitney and Gilbert are a good pairing. We’ll see though. I would love it if Petry or Smid could jump up the depth chart to play with Whitney, but that’s unlikely. I guess for that reason alone, a Whitney-Gilbert pairing again makes sense. But I just don’t like it. I think Barker and Gilbert are going to develop a solid chemistry though.

God, I am so happy that your mom is backing up Dubnyk.. I don’t think I can stand to watch Khabi anymore! :P Seriously, he has a lot of rust and it’s been a while since he played.. so he can get better. But it was a bad sign.

35. hemmerlady says:

Khabi’s done. If he plays well this year, I’d be completely shocked. Between the injuries, the aforementioned rustiness, ‘age’ (in hockey years), and not resembling anything close to an MVP…. Count one more vote for OiB’s mom as backup goalie (and Doobie as starter).

36. dawgtoy says:

Who the fuck was Brule passing the puck to anyway, that might be the worst give away EVER.

Bunz showed him up. Allowed only the one goal. He was pretty choked about letting it in too, you could tell. It looked like he might have been screened, but I’m not sure… I thought he should have had it. I’d have to see the replay.

38. Mr.Majestyk says:

I know its easy its easy to be harsh critics of Khabi but it was his first pre season game and all 3 of the goals he allowed were tough to stop. I mean if let let in point shots that he could see all the way i’d consider him ‘done’ but i still think he can be a decent goalie in the NHL. Decent might not be good enough on the Oilers this year too.

Carey Price allowed 4 goals on 13 shots. He might be done too. No word if Price told the media after the game to relax its just preseason.

Perhaps MM. It is a time for vets to shake off the rust. It would have been encouraging though to see him in better form. Like the brass said,”He’s bounced back before”. Hopefully this is one of those years, but I am already looking across the pond for re-assignment, if they will take him…..