Steady Teddy? Number change for Peckham this year… #24

By , July 25, 2011 10:39 am

NHL_Oilers just tweeted that Theo Peckham will be switching from #49 to #24 this year. Odd. But whatever floats your boat, Teddy. Edit: this is his old Owen Sound Attack number, so looks like the 49 was just his team assigned one and temporary (perhaps while Staios was here).

6 Responses to “Steady Teddy? Number change for Peckham this year… #24”

Teddy changes his number from 49 to 24. This was his old # from Juniors. Either the Oilers assigned him #49 while he was a rookie, or he took that temporarily while Staios was floating around. Anyways, he’s made the big time, so he’ll keep his old #24 now.

2. Ktown says:

Well, considering his Twitter account is PECKS24, I’m not really shocked by this…

And let’s face it – 49 is a number they give to guys before they know they’re gonna stick around. Just reeked of “assigned” versus “chosen”….

hah, I didn’t even really draw the connection there with his twitter name. But yah, 49 isn’t really much of a player chosen jersey #. I hope G&S didn’t rush out and buy his jersey yet.. lol

4. Grass&sOIL says:

Odd. I actually liked him with the number 49 but it ain’t a big deal. Now we just gotta get Sutton to wear #7, Put him on the same pairing with pecks and we can have the 24/7 pairing. As in keep your head up………….24/7!!!!!

Good thing I choose to wait for the new vintage whites to come out to get Theo’s jersey!

Edit. Ugh, I still always think as Coffey as #77

On that note, just a friendly reminder that we have an NHL shop that is set up here in which we can grovel while you graciously throw us a bone by supporting the site. They have the white jersey up there. :P But I am not sure if it’s cheaper in store or anything.

Cue Steve-O who will make some post about the new Amazon feature which he intends to finance the site with his massive amounts of monthly Amazon purchases.

Some more Oilers new #s, courtesy of the Oilers Twitter:

Some new #Oilers jersey numbers: Eric Belanger (20), Cam Barker (13), Ben Eager (55) & Andy Sutton (25).