GDT Oilers 1, Wild 3 – Game 81 – 2011-04-08 @ 7:00 PM MST – SNETW

GDT: Edmonton Oilers vs. Minnesota Wild
logo AT logo
37-35-8 Record 25-44-11
Location: Rexall Place
Date: April 8, 2011 @ 7:00 PM MST
TV:SNETW

Oilers. Wild. 2 more games to go (including this one). Then the next thing we can be excited for is the draft lottery results which take place on April 12th. I had no idea it was that soon, but I just got an e-mail from the Oilers, stating it to be true.

Anyways, I don’t predict tonight’s game to have any excitement too it, therefore you get a pretty lame pre-game rant.

Prediction: 3-0 Wild

VERY GUESSTIMATED LINES

Hartikainen – Vande Velde – Eberle
Paajarvi – Cogliano – Omark
Reddox – O’Marra – Jones
MacIntyre – Jacques – Strudwick

Smid – Petry
Peckham – Vandermeer
Chorney – Foster

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

LIVE CHAT

Closed.. please use the comments section.

7 Responses to “GDT Oilers 1, Wild 3 – Game 81 – 2011-04-08 @ 7:00 PM MST – SNETW”

One thing I forgot is that tonight is Paul Lorieau’s final game. Definitely watch this one.. as a legend retires again tonight.

2. MetalOil says:

For sure. I was at Game 3 vs. the ducks in ’06 when the building nearly imploded during the anthems. Truly one of my favorite in person Oilers memorys. I will never forget how loud rexall was.

3. hemmerlady says:

Pretty close on the prediction there Racki. You win. God I hope we pick 1st.

I was completely wrong on the excitement part though. This was a pretty entertaining game, despite the loss.

And nice to see Peckham beat the shit out of that guy.

^^^

Agreed on both points. I just wonder what Renney’s thoughts on it are. The Oilers kind of have to give Mac some more money if they hope for him to be used that way though, or the guy is going to be po’ after all the suspensions. OK.. maybe not po’… just not well off.

Steve-O: That was exactly what MacIntyre needs to do on a consistent basis. He keeps doing that and I bet other players think twice about coming near one of the kids.And nice to see Peckham beat the shit out of that guy.

Agreed. He also needs the green light to do that and a bump in pay so it doesn’t hurt when/if he gets a few games. He’s obviously the toughest sob in the league. Nobody will fight him, so take it to those who don’t want any piece of you like last night. I’m also hoping we sign a guy like Konopka as our fourth line centre and keep Vandy and sign another guy similar to Vandermeer like Boynton. Do that and we have a very tough lineup.