GDT Oilers 1, Flames 6 – Game 80 – 2011-04-06 @ 7:30 PM MST – SNET1

By , April 6, 2011 10:05 am
-={ Puttin’ On The Foil Presents… }=-
Edmonton Oilers at Calgary Flames (Battle of Alberta)
logo AT logo
25-43-11 Record 40-29-11
Location: Scotiabank Saddledome
Date: April 6, 2011 @ 7:30 PM MST
TV:SNET1

Tonight is as big of a “playoff” game as we’ll get to see this year. Winning this game would put the final nail in the coffin of the Calgary Flames’ playoff hopes. Wouldn’t that be nice? The Oilers are in a little danger of passing the Avalanche, but they’d have to run the table and the Avalanche would have to lose all their remaining games in regulation time. Each team has 3 games left. I think we’re pretty safe here, especially with the Wild coming up later. Although, we do play the Avalanche as one of our final 3… so that will be a very important game.

Anyways, I’m really hoping for a win tonight, so I’m going to send some good vibes with my prediction. Plus Alan-NottsUK will be at the game, and he’s money (currently seen 3 Oil games live and we’ve won all 3).

Prediction: 5-1 Oilers, if Dubnyk starts again. 5-4 if Khabi starts. :P

VERY GUESSTIMATED LINES

Reddox – O’Marra – Eberle
Paajarvi – Vande Velde – Jones
Hartikainen – Cogliano – Omark
MacIntyre – Jacques – Strudwick

Smid Chorney
Petry Vandermeer
Peckham Foster

Khabibulin
Dubnyk

LIVE CHAT

Closed.. please use the comments section.

8 Responses to “GDT Oilers 1, Flames 6 – Game 80 – 2011-04-06 @ 7:30 PM MST – SNET1”

I will immediately forget the failure that was our season if the Oilers end the Flames’ chances at playoffs tonight.

I think this GDT warrants the image of Smac beating down Ivanans.

I said it before, I’ll say it again, if I could pick any game for the Oilers to win this season it would be this one. Crush any opportunity the Flames have left of making the post-season.

Sunday’s game (I think its Sunday) could be the official “first pick” game.

Khabi starts, Chorney is in.

4. MetalOil says:

Trying to figure out if a Blackhawk win tonight(Hawks currently trail 2-1) officially knocks the Flames out. If the Hawks win that gives them 95 pts with 2 more games to play. If the Flames win their last to that gives them 95pts. The Hawks if they win tonight will have 37 none shootout wins VS the Flames 31 none shootout wins so A Blackhawks win (in regulation) will eliminate the Flames tonight. Personally I hope the Hawks lose and we end up being the final nail tonight.

5. Ktown says:

F’n shooting gallery out there. Khabi’s the sacrificial lamb. At least the boys are playing physical. But they’re having to do it in their own end. And now on the Pk. Sheesh.

6. John says:

MetalOil: Trying to figure out if a Blackhawk win tonight(Hawks currently trail 2-1) officially knocks the Flamers out. If the Hawks win that gives them 95 pts with 2 more games to play. If the Flamers win their last to that gives them 95pts. The Hawks if they win tonight will have 37 none shootout wins VS the Flamers 31 none shootout wins so A Blackhawks win (in regulation) will eliminate the Flamers tonight. Personally I hope the Hawks lose and we end up being the final nail tonight.

At this point the Hawks have won but I think the Ducks would also have to get at least a point against SJ to officially knock the Flamers out. It looks good with the Ducks ahead 4-1!

The Flames have been officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Good night tonight, with them being knocked out and us securing 30th overall. Well.. depending on your point of view :P

8. Alan-NottsUK says:

aside from the 1st that game was shockingly bad, on 2 fronts, first being the Oilers, second being the officials.

however chanting Golf Flames Golf, was good entertainment.