GDT Oilers 2, Canucks 0 – Game 79 – 2011-04-05 @ 7:00 PM MST – SNETW

GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. Vancouver Canucks
logo AT logo
52-18-9 Record 24-43-11
Location: Rexall Place
Date: April 5, 2011 @ 7:00 PM MST
TV:SNETW

Boy was I ever wrong with my prediction of the outcome of last game. Then again.. how many times have I been right? And then again, who actually thought the 30th place Oilers (made up of AHLers right now) would actually beat the Vancouver Canucks? It was fairly reminiscent of the pre-season, when the Oilers beat them (although that was a romp, and against a less than stacked Canucks team).

Anyways, I am hoping for another win tonight, so that will be my prediction. I must say, I am skeptical though. But we’ll call it a close one this time.

Prediction: 4-3 Edmonton

P.S., decided to change the game day pic up, so people would notice a new GDT was up (yes.. that is Roli).

VERY GUESSTIMATED LINES

Reddox – O’Marra – Eberle
Paajarvi – Vande Velde – Jones
Hartikainen – Cogliano – Omark
MacIntyre – Jacques

Smid Petry
Peckham Vandermeer
Strudwick Foster

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

LIVE CHAT

Closed.. please use the comments section.

14 Responses to “GDT Oilers 2, Canucks 0 – Game 79 – 2011-04-05 @ 7:00 PM MST – SNETW”

1. Ktown says:

…and Souray down there to block the shot. lol

According to the Oilers website, Mac-JFJ-Struds is the fourth line tonight. That is just downright ugly. This one could be ugly, but I said that Saturday night too. you know the Nucks are out for revenge tho. Just keep it within 5 boys!

Bostonoiler:

I’m assuming that Renney is preparing for a war tonight… either that, or Brule is out again (which I think might be the case).

Edit: yes, Brule is indeed out again.

4. mrgod2u says:

wow would it ever be too bad if a key piece of the Canucks “Stanley cup” team managed to hurt himself trying to “get even” for the last game. I would cry even

put that line out with vandermeer and peckham…good things will happen

well, maybe not good, but fun

6. Ktown says:

F’n NHL. I’ve got Centre Ice but can’t watch this game ’cause I’m in the Nucks viewing area. And sportsnet pacific has the baseball game on. You know, with the shit they go through to get fans in Phoenix, Tampa, Atlanta, etc. why the hell are they actively pissing off their actual fan base?

Alan, keep it going, buddy… you’re 2 for 2!

8. Alan-NottsUK says:

3 for 3 if you count my first game in 08 haha, not impressed with torres throwing an elbow when eberle is now sitting on 42 points though…

the first thing that went through my head was oh god not again, another player 42 points and out, then #42 jumped in to fight.

edit: tomorrow I go on to Calgary, and hopefully see their playoff hopes die

Yah nothing would make me happier than to see the Oilers end the Flames’ playoff hopes. Come onnnn boys. Back to back games means Khabi probably gets the start though… I can’t say I have any faith in the guy anymore.

I’d say Duby earned his start for tomorrow, back to back or not. Especially beating the presidents trophy team, twice, in a row. Man I love rubbing this in the the Nuckle-heads.

If I could pick one game for the Oilers to win this season it would be tomorrows game against the Flames. Win, ohhhh man that would feel good. Lose, well at least we’d lock a top two pick in this years draft.

EDIT: Alan, let your attendance magic continue!

Zack, I totally agree with you. I just know the Oilers have always been big on two things when determining starts: practice performance and one start in a back-to-back. In the case of practice… the goalie who looks hot in practice is generally who gets the start that night (that one sometimes irks me a bit).

I’m hoping that by some miracle, Renney and co. see fit to give Doobie tomorrow’s game too… whether it’s a good practice performance or otherwise.

Yay, we are officially not the worst Oilers team in history now.

Uh… hooray!

14. mrgod2u says:

May these two losses to us be the chink in the armour that causes the entire Canucks post season dream to crumble.