Monday Morning Standings

By , March 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Back to the sports, and here are some soccer fans

Not much in the way of news, other than the playoff races have been super tight. Rod retired last night and got a banner raised for him, and Laurier is soon going to be done. Other than that…well, its been the annual death march to the season’s end.

In other league news, Oshie skipped a practice and will now miss 2 games. And Selanne is ridiculous. And Crosby is skating with the team again…a little too late for my fantasy team there Sid.

Can’t think of any other league news either, so on to the standings:

Conference

Carolina and Toronto still have a shot I guess, but with only 6 games remaining (5 for the laffs) it’s looking less and less likely.

I find it amazing that even 2nd place hasn’t locked up a playoff position yet. Although, looking at the standings and I think that the teams that are in now will be the ones that make it.

League

No way Edmonton gets 7 points in the last 6 games. Not a chance.

OKC Barons

The Barons are tied for 7th with 83 points, but due to games played are actually sitting in 9th right now. Hopefully Giroux can help them out. I am assuming the AHL plays the same number of games, so there are only 7 games remaining for them.
Speaking of Giroux, he is still 2nd in league scoring with 71 points in 66 games. Brad Moran is sitting 6th in league scoring with 67 points in 75 games.

Oil Kings

Well, the Oil Kings aren’t doing so hot right now, down 3-0 in the series. Lets hope they can pull out a win tomorrow. That said, the Nuge has had a pretty good series so far (3 G 4 A).

Pools

Foiled Again

Championship

Consolation

Foiled Again Too

Championship

Consolation

14 Responses to “Monday Morning Standings”

And I just miss out on the news that the Oilers sign Roy to a three year deal.

I would just like to give a big f— you to Mr. M for knocking me out of Foiled Again pool ;)

Steve-O:
    And I just miss out on the news that the Oilers sign Roy to a three year deal.

I think Gerber is still hurt. So I wonder if Roy gets some time in OKC once the Titans are eliminated (well.. if they get eliminated). It would be nice to see him up here. Khabi is due for some sort of back injury, isn’t he?

P.S., AHL season is 80 games long

Racki: I would just like to give a big f— you to Mr. M for knocking me out of Foiled Again pool And looks like I’m due for an early exit in Foiled Again 2 if things don’t turn around soon.

Yeah, I’m working my butt off to get you your revenge, but the week is early. That 8-1 score is too close for comfort. (mostly only one point leads in categories).

I’m hoping MM’s goalies finally get shelled like my guy, Fleury, did last night. :(

Ya I had the lead early on. It’s the Thursday to Saturday stretch that makes or breaks you

For sure. I hate that part of the week because I always end up sitting three guys due to roster size. It’s easy to get burned on that decision.

7. dawgtoy says:

I lost on a 5-5 tie break…wtf

St. Louis beats Detroit 10-3. Odd stats for my team include that Holmstrom and Franzen combined 3 points and plus -3 only with 10 goals against, Andy McDonald, ONE F’N POINT in a 10 goal game and only +1. WTF are the odds of duplicating that? FML.

In other news, gr8one is absolutely handing my ass to me in both pools. I don’t stand a chance of recovery, even with the Thursday to Saturday stretch. Yikes.

Oilers have signed LWer Hunter Tremblay (presumably for the Barons).

12. NorwegianOiler says:

Racki: Oilers have signed LWer Hunter Tremblay (presumably for the Barons).

Sweet. Because we all know, who’s a Baron today is an Oiler tomorrow. As Bill O’Reilly would say, “never a miscommunication, you can’t explain that”.

13. Haboiler says:

The Clear Day Roster is a 22-man list of players who are eligible to play in the remainder of the regular season games and any Calder Cup Playoff games. Only the players on the Clear Day Roster may participate in the Barons remaining 18 regular season games, barring emergency conditions such as injury, call up or suspension. Teams may add signed junior players or players on amateur tryout contracts after their respective junior or college seasons are complete

That is from the OKC website so Roy is able to go if thats where they choose to send him…

Racki: Acadie-Bathurst has been swept, so Olivier Roy is free to play with Stockton, Barons, Oil now… however I think because Roy isn’t on the Barons’ clear-day roster, that he can’t play except in an emergency call up. Gerber is still out though I think, so they might be able to have him play there. I’ll admit, it’s not something I’m totally clear on though.

ack, I’m a dummy. Missed bottom text. Nevermind