GDT Oilers 0, Blues 4 – Game 74 – 2011-03-24 @ 6:00 PM MST – SNETW

Edmonton Oilers at St. Louis Blues
logo AT logo
23-40-10 Record 32-32-9
Location: Scottrade Center
Date: March 24, 2011 @ 6:00 PM MST
TV:SNETW

So the Oilers have virtually sealed up 30th place now (although I think they did it a while ago). The chances of the Oilers gaining 7 points on Ottawa or 8 points on Colorado with only 9 games left are so pathetically low that we can accept again that we will finish 30th this year. Not much to say about this one, other than it is more showcase time for the youth such as Hartikainen.

Giroux has already been sent back to OKC, now that JFJ and Fraser are back. But Foster is also out. For those that missed the last game.. he got hit pretty hard and fell awkwardly backwards banging his head (albeit helmeted) on either the ice or the boards. I suspect he probably was concussed on that play. He didn’t have his legs at all when they were helping him off the ice. I can say he has been whipping boy #1 for me all year, but I hate to see anyone get badly hurt, so I hope he’ll be OK soon. He’s already had his one scary bad injury in his career.

Anyways, predicting another loss here…
3-1 St. Louis

VERY GUESSTIMATED LINES

Jones-Cogliano-Eberle
Paajarvi-Reddox-Omark
Jacques-Fraser-Hartikainen
MacIntyre-Vande Velde-O’Marra

Peckham – Gilbert
Smid – Petry
Vandermeer – Strudwick

Khabibulin
Dubnyk

LIVE CHAT

Closed.. please use the comments section.

8 Responses to “GDT Oilers 0, Blues 4 – Game 74 – 2011-03-24 @ 6:00 PM MST – SNETW”

wow, hell of a fight between vandy and janssen

2. hemmerlady says:

12 shots? 12? Ouch…
    Oilers boxscore has our MVP saving 26 out of 30 shots, for a Save % of “.000″ . I swear to god it said that when I read it 11pm PST. My point is, I think the math may be off but the subtext is on to something.

What’s the over under on us getting more than 15 shots against Calgary? *sigh*

4. mrgod2u says:

Well, hopefully the chance to put a nail in the Flamers playoff hopes lights a fire under these guys and they play like NHL’ers instead of the AHL’ers they sadly are…

It’s been pretty hard to watch these last few games, I find myself PVR-ing them and then watching them on fast forward… If only we could fast forward to the draft without having to put up with the “nucks fans… (Although I stand by my prediction that they will be the noteworthy “upset” of the playoffs).

Yeah, this is now a death march to the draft. Not much fun to watch.

7. John says:

Bostonoiler: I’m sorry, I know the lineup is mainly an AHL roster, but 12 shots?? Really? That just sucks and 12 shots in one game is an embarssment

No kidding, this has to be the most ineffectual line-up I’ve ever had the displeasure of watching :( The frontal lobotamy part of my brain is trying to convince me that game was the result of the Oil looking past the Blues & focusing on this game against the Flames instead but… Who knows, maybe tonight Renney will channel Mel Gibson from Braveheart & convince the boys to put everything they have left into playing a high energy, bone crushing hammerfest to at least force the Lames into OT where of course anything can happen.

Bostonoiler:

Haha BO, didn’t you want to see a roster consisting of mostly AHL/Rookie players next year? :razz: