GDT Oilers 1, Red Wings 2 (OT) – Game 69 – 2011-03-11 @ 5:30 PM MST – SNETW

GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Detroit Red Wings
logo AT logo
23-37-8 Record 39-20-8
Location: Joe Louis Arena
Date: March 11, 2011 @ 5:30 PM MST
TV:SNETW

Wow does this team ever look horrible on paper. No offense meant to the players, but really, most of them in the lineup really aren’t meant for prime-time or are bottom tier players. Sam Gagner is the latest victim, after having a tendon in his hand severed by Jones’ skate. Gagner was sitting on the bench when jones accidentally stepped on it. I’m not even sure how that happens, but it did. This team is a skeleton crew and looks more like our AHL team should.

Prediction: Redwings 6, Oilers 1. lol

VERY GUESSTIMATED LINES

Paajarvi – Horcoff – Eberle
Reddox – Brule – Omark
Giroux – Cogliano – Jones
JFJ – Fraser – MacIntyre

Smid – Gilbert
Vandermeer – Foster
Petry – Strudwick

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

LIVE CHAT

Closed.. please use the comments section.

9 Responses to “GDT Oilers 1, Red Wings 2 (OT) – Game 69 – 2011-03-11 @ 5:30 PM MST – SNETW”

1. dawgtoy says:

Can we dress and play both keepers at the same time????

2. dawgtoy says:

Woof, that line-up is aweful. Agree with your 6-1 assessment as well. Dubber is gonna see a shit load of rubber.

3. fall4hall says:

It will be hard to watch the inevitable slaughter. In fact, i probably won’t. Has anyone mentioned fire Lowe recently?

Yeah, this one will be ugly. Pad the stats night for Detroit.

ummmm this is gonna be ugly.

6. victoriaoilerfan says:

Regarding Jones “stepping” on Gagne’s hand. Didn’t Jones swipe his hand with his skate blade when he was climbing over the boards, or coming in from a shift?

“Gagne”? Seriously? :P

Anyways, the ‘stepping’ on his hand was something that was mentioned on twitter.. I think by Dan Tencer… shortly after it happened. But ya, I think it was actually from Gagner having his glove off, taking a swig of water and Jones swiped it while stepping over the boards (at least that’s what Steve-O said he had read.. which makes more sense to me).

Anyways, bullshit loss, if you ask me. I thought the refs favored the Red Wings too much in this one. The Oilers played a pretty good game. Even Strudwick made a couple of really nice d plays out there.

8. dawgtoy says:

Not one to blame the refs, but wow….worst officiated game I’ve seen in a long time. Great game, our AHL squad almost got ‘er done. Excellent effort, sign Jones!

I feel bad for Devan. I was working and didn’t get to watch, but I was keeping track on the NHL.com gametracker. So I’m watching the screen and the last minute is counting down, and the shots are up to 40, and then I see it come up that Lidstrom scores with 25 secs left. Heartbreaker! Glad they got a point and played well, but still that win would have been nice.