GDT Oilers 0, Capitals 5 – Game 68 – 2011-03-09 @ 5:00 PM MST – TSN

GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Washington Capitals
logo AT logo
37-20-10 Record 23-36-8
Location: Verizon Center
Date: March 9, 2011 @ 5:00 PM MST
TV:TSN

well, the Oilers got their butts handed to them last game, after relying way too heavily on Dubnyk at the start of the game. After being outshot 17-1 and down 2-0 after 1 period, it was hard to stop the bleeding. The Oil did come out strong in the next two periods though, but it wasn’t meant to be. I thought the Oil even put on a penalty killing clinic in that first period too on Smid’s 5-minute major. They almost made it to the very end after really frustrating the Flyers.

Let’s hope that the Oilers can get off to a better start this game as they face the surging Capitals, who have won their last 5 games and are 8-2-0 in their last 10. The Oilers are decently hot, on their own, as they’ve won 3 of their last 4. They are 6-4-0 in their last 10, however.

Prediction: 4-2 Capitals

CONFIRMED LINES

Paajarvi – Horcoff – Eberle
Jones – Gagner – Omark
Giroux – Cogliano – Reddox
JFJ – Fraser – MacIntyre

Smid – Gilbert
Vandermeer – Foster
Plante – Strudwick

Khabibulin
Dubnyk

LIVE CHAT

Closed until later.

9 Responses to “GDT Oilers 0, Capitals 5 – Game 68 – 2011-03-09 @ 5:00 PM MST – TSN”

I cannot accurately express my disgust with Khabibulin at this moment.

That one goal where he wandered was awful. The caps had some really sick goals though tonight

3. hemmerlady says:

Ouch. 36 shots doesn’t look good, but you don’t have to try hard to get me to blame Khabi.

I just caught the highlights but wow, looks like Ovie just put on a clinic. It was Harlem Globetrotteresq.

Fuckin Khabi didn’t even try to get back. Unreal my god I’m glad I misssed that one.

LateNightOilFan:
    I just caught the highlights but wow, looks like Ovie just put on a clinic.It was Harlem Globetrotteresq.

Yup. Oil d was embarrassed most of the night. This loss wasn’t khabis though. He screwed up 1 goal but aside from that, it was a clinic by caps. And you won’t win if you don’t score

Except Smid. Dude looked really good out there, especially early against Ovechkin. And well, nothing he could have done on the one goal when there was no goalie in net. Gilbert was also earning some praise from that dick McGuire.

Paajarvi, Jones and Reddox were the best forwards on the night.

Even Elliotte Friedman expressed disbelief that Khabibulin touched the puck in the trapezoid area…and that was the second time he’s done that this year.

Ya like I said… this year I’ve only seen it twice and both times it was him. Don’t think I saw it for 2 years before that. Even so, ovechkin and semin dominated. They spread our d thin and just do what they please.

9. victoriaoilerfan says:

It is a reality check for the fans. It demonstrates how talented some teams are in the league and how far we have to go to get anywhere near that level. Don’t forget that the Caps were playing withough Greene who is their biggest offensive threat on D.
    Arnott has been a great pickup for them IMO.