GDT Oilers 1, Flyers 4 – Game 67 – 2011-03-08 @ 5:00 PM MST – SNETW

GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Philadelphia Flyers
logo AT logo
40-19-6 Record 23-35-8
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Date: March 8, 2011 @ 5:00 PM MST
TV:SNETW

Nothing like a nice throwback picture for a GDT, eh? The Oilers and Flyers sure had some kick ass playoff games vs. each other back in the 80s.

The Flyers have had a difficult go as of late, with 4 straight losses, including a 7-0 ass-whooping at the hands of the Rangers in their last game. The Oilers have won 3 straight and are 7-3-0 in their last 10. They are a pretty ragged group though, and are definitely riding a strange high based on work ethic and buying into team systems, it would seem. Let’s see if they can get another, or if the Broad Street Bullies will be angry tonight.

Prediction – 5-1 Oilers

CONFIRMED LINES

Paajarvi – Horcoff – Eberle
Jones – Gagner – Omark
Giroux – Cogliano – Reddox
JFJ – Fraser – MacIntyre

Smid – Gilbert
Vandermeer – Foster
Plante – Strudwick

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

LIVE CHAT

Closed.

7 Responses to “GDT Oilers 1, Flyers 4 – Game 67 – 2011-03-08 @ 5:00 PM MST – SNETW”

I would love for the Oilers to take down the Flyers tonight! I’ll be keeping an eye on NHL.com for the live updates for the first period then off to my own son’s game, so the Oilers game will be over by the time I get home. Go Oilers!

2. MetalOil says:

I am going to predict a 4-3 Shootout win. Looks like we are up to our old ways of winning when it is too late and when our roster dictates that we should lose.

3. Haboiler says:

No Eberle for the OKC team for the playoffs. Today was Clear Roster Day in the AHL. Omark was on the list so he is eligible to go back down for the playoff run.

OK, yikes, down 1-0, SOG 14-0 with under 4 mins left in the 1st. Hopefully when I get home to check the final score, the Oilers will have a SOG! Good Luck Devan, looks like you’ll need it…

Well, they’re going to have to pick it up a bit.. right now they sit in 9th, but as Steve-O pointed out in last week’s MMS… there is hardly any separation at all between 4th and even 12th

6. dawgtoy says:

Oil sign Taylor Fedun.

So last night I was covering my high school’s girls hockey game for TV doing play by play and missed the game. The score is ugly, but from what I have read the Oilers played a good 2nd and 3rd period but where just crushed in the first. Was this a good assesment or were the Oilers just dominated the whole way through? Any type of recap so to speak would be nice haha.

I read on TSN that the Oilers got out-played in the first but kept it close and skated well with the flyers and even out-played them at times in the 2nd and 3rd. If thats the case, I’ll be very happy with that.

Oh, and Tom Renney seems to think we are going to the playoffs next season. Hopefully that hit on Tambi’s head will get him to realize we need some toughness and PK’ers haha