GDT Oilers 2, Bruins 3 – Game 63 – 2011-02-27 @ 6:00 PM MST – SNET1

GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. Boston Bruins
logo AT logo
35-19-7 Record 20-34-8
Location: Rexall Place
Date: February 27, 2011 @ 6:00 PM MST
TV:SNET1

So today the Oilers face the Bruins in their only match of the 2010/11 season. The Bruins are 6-4-0 in their last 10, and the Oilers are 5-5-0. The Oil stunk the joint up against the Blues, losing 5-0 on Friday. The Oilers will get a bit of help tonight in the form of Gilbert Brule. Taylor Chorney is still out though with knee problems.

This will also mark the first matchup of 2010′s top draftees – Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin. So far Taylor Hall seems to be winning the race between the two by a landslide, but it’s definitely a marathon, as both of these guys should have long, productive careers (one can hope, anyways).

Prediction: 4-2 Oilers. Really, they should lose this one, but I generally like how we play eastern teams.

FAIRLY EDUCATEDLY GUESSTIMATED LINES

Hall – Cogliano- Eberle
Penner – Horcoff – Hemsky
Paajarvi – Gagner – Omark
MacIntyre – Brule – Jones

Smid – Gilbert
Strudwick – Peckham
Vandermeer – Foster

Dubnyk
Gerber

LIVE CHAT

Closed.

18 Responses to “GDT Oilers 2, Bruins 3 – Game 63 – 2011-02-27 @ 6:00 PM MST – SNET1”

Just get a win tonight boys, so for at least one day I don’t have to hear about the Bruins being Gods and how the Oilers suck. Go Oilers!!

Well on the statistical side of things, Hall is crushing Seguin but with the opportunities Hall has been given it’s rightfully so as compared to Seguin on Boston who has quite a bit of depth. Either way though at this moment in time it’s looking like Hall is above and beyond the tight choice for the Oil and number one draft choice of his class.

We should watch our team very closely tonight, not only because it should be a good game and we get to see a great team that Boston dresses but this could be the last time we see certain players in an Oilers uniform.

3. Scarriere says:

Jeez. Tonight could be the last time I see Hemsky in an Oiler jersey and the Oscars are also on.
    Which do I PVR? Hahaha.

5. victoriaoilerfan says:

Racki: Zack: Yah, Hall definitely has had a lot of opportunity, but I think Seguin also had his share, more so earlier on though. He’s been on lines with some good talent though.. Savard.. Bergeron.. Wheeler, Recchi, Krejci. His linemates haven’t been too regular though when compared to Hall (except for maybe Ryder.. which might say a lot). Maybe that’s the difference. But I think Seguin hasn’t had as much opportunity because he hasn’t fit right into the top tier of the lineup like Hall has. And really, let’s face it.. on any given night, Hall and Eberle can dominate and make you not even realize Penner/Hemsky are in the game (at times.. I’m definitely not saying all the time). And that isn’t just because they’re being given more opportunity, it’s because they’ve both earned all that opportunity by showing that they can compete and play hard nightly. That said, I don’t think Seguin is a dud… the next Daigle.. or anything like that. He might just be taking the Paajarvi-route in his development – slow, but steady. Good point by the way about this potentially being the last time we see certain players in an Oiler uni.. never even thought about that! Deadline is tomorrow

I think Sequin would have been better off being send back down and getting lots of ice time. What good is it playing a guy like him 4th line limited minutes?

IN the meantime I went over to see the Bruins/Nucks game last night. The B’s are a real pain in the ass to play against. Real tight in their own zone and don’t leave you any room to move. I was impressed at how Kelly and Peverly made an impact for guys that have just come onto the team. Kelly was amazing killing penalties.

Racki: The funny thing is I’ll probably forget about the deadline tomorrow becuase it will be my first day back at school from reading week. That is until my phone gets texts from TSN…

Do you guys think we’ll do anything? I mean… anything at all? I’m still thinking Vandy gets moved, even though he’s been good for us. I would think that there is also a chance Jones is moved.. but I would hope that the team has learned from previous mistakes with breaking up with a productive, cheap player.

Hopefully Fraser is moved. Foster.. well, I don’t think he’ll be moved, but I would like to see a new home for him.

That all said, I don’t see anything big happening. I don’t think Penner or Hemsky go anywhere (unless a GM gets suddenly desperate).

I would like to see 2 or 3 smaller moves though to help bolster the future.

8. Haboiler says:

I think Vandy is gone for sure. Outside chance at Cogs maybe. Fraser might be a cheap option for some teams. Honestly think they hang onto the big 2. Maybe we could give JFJ away.

Racki/Haboiler: Yeah in all honesty I can’t really see us making any roster acquisitions if it all. There are only a few that may bring in an actual player but I think ST is focused on improving for the future, in all likely-hood I think it would work out like this if something did happen.

Players moved for draft picks:
    Jones
    Cogliano
    Smid
    Vandermeer
    Reddox
    Fraser/JFJ/Foster (4th round picks or later)

Players moved for prospects/roster acquisitions:
    Hemsky
    Penner

If the right asking price comes along Tambi will make a deal, however he has little pressure to make a deal so all in all he’ll probably sit back and take a good hard look at his assets…

10. Ktown says:

I really don’t see us making big moves, and I’m ok with that. Unless we get Schenn out of LA I don’t see Tambi trading Hemmer and from all I can see, Lombardi isn’t about to let him go. Makes sense – I wouldn’t have traded Eberle for anybody in the past two seasons.

Nope. For all the hype and rumors it’s gonna be pretty slow. Maybe Vandy or Smid get moved but not much else.

11. MetalOil says:

Just wondering if any of you that use twitter have noticed it being down for the past day or so? Not sure if it is just me or if it is affecting everyone.

MO: I have heard other people mentioning problems with Twitter, but it’s worked every time I’ve tried to sign in, including now

Hemsky’s value to Kings just went up, as apparently the Stars aren’t intending to move Richards to a west team.

Fuck yeah Vandermeer

14. hemmerlady says:

@Steveo: what? is he gone?

No.. he fought Milan Lucic and did quite well. It was a good fight

16. hemmerlady says:

…ah. Well good for him. Tomorrow’s looking like a big day. No question how I want it to go.

By noon you will be Eberlady. Kidding. I doubt hemmer goes

18. MetalOil says:

Schremp picked up on waivers by the Thrashers. That’s pretty much the most exciting news so far today.