GDT Oilers 5, Avalanche 1 – Game 61 – 2011-02-23 @ 7:30 PM MST – TSN

Edmonton Oilers at Colorado Avalanche
logo AT logo
19-33-8 Record 26-27-7
Location: Pepsi Center
Date: February 23, 2011 @ 7:30 PM MST
TV: TSN

The Oilers lost a stinker against the Wild last night. The effort was there from some of the team, but I thought that in particular, our defense was completely missing in action. Some of those goals were horrid. I’m all for giving criticism to Khabi when due, but there were a few big brain lapses where a wild player was in alone on him.

Anyways, the Oiler are going to have to give their collective heads a shake and get in this one. Tonight they’ll have at least two changes to the lineup: Brule is in (likely for Omark, by the sounds of it) and Strudwick is in for Chorney. I haven’t heard anything, but I would guess that Dubnyk will get the start tonight too.

The Avs sit in 2nd last in the conference, but somewhat surprisingly have 7 more wins than us.. I guess it just goes to show how bad the season has been. The Oilers have one win and one loss (in shootout) versus the Avs. I hope tonight will be another tight game between the two teams.

Prediction: 3-2 Oilers

GUESSTIMATED LINES

Hall – Cogliano- Eberle
Penner – Horcoff – Hemsky
Paajarvi – Gagner – Jones
MacIntyre – Fraser – Reddox

Smid – Gilbert
Strudwick – Peckham
Vandermeer – Foster

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

LIVE CHAT

Closed.

12 Responses to “GDT Oilers 5, Avalanche 1 – Game 61 – 2011-02-23 @ 7:30 PM MST – TSN”

1. MetalOil says:

According to a couple of tweets Brule has not been activated and will not play tonight.

Yah I see Tencer just retracted that a few mins ago.

MacIntyre in for JFJ

Jason Gregor also mentioned that Fraser might be in for Omark. Leaving that one unchanged until I hear more confirmation

5. Scarriere says:

My step-son doesn’t know about his Mom’s jersey yet and is coming over to watch the game. He’ll be wearing his Eberle, his brother’ll be wearing his Eberle, I’ll be wearing my Gretzky, and their’ Mom will come out wearing her Hall. Fricken cool!!
    GO OILERS!!

That’s pretty kick-ass, Scarriere :D You guys definite;y support the Oil pretty well, what with all the jerseys.

Btw, Fraser is in fact in, and Omark out. I guessed what I could see the lines being with that bit of info.

7. MetalOil says:

Well that Anderson-Elliot trade is not off to a good start for the Avs. Elliot looks super soft in giving up 5 against us while Anderson gets his 2nd win in as many games for the Sens(the first by way of SO) LOL I stick with Anderson through all his struggles this season in the pool then drop him right before the trade, think about reacquiring but decide against it cause he is going to a worse team and then he gets hot.

I was at the Rebels game tonight, sub par officiating and a sloppy Rebels team. Still the game was quite exciting none the less and they pulled a win out of the shootout too. If you hear any reports about RNH based off this game I wouldn’t read too much into it because he was pretty invisible tonight and I’ve seen him play leagues better. Minny must have an eye for goaltending cause Darcy Kemper wrecking the stats column for goalies this year.

Wooh! What’s better than a win for the Oil this year? A win from Ottawa too!

Damn.. I PVR’d the game with hopes of seeing RNH in action. I also wanted to check out Cody Eakin too though.. how did he do (his name has been linked to Oil in trade rumors)?

MetalOil:
    Well that Anderson-Elliot trade is not off to a good start for the Avs.Elliot looks super soft in giving up 5 against us while Anderson gets his 2nd win in as many games for the Sens(the first by way of SO) LOL I stick with Anderson through all his struggles this season in the pool then drop him right before the trade, think about reacquiring but decide against it cause he is going to a worse team and then he gets hot.

Yah really, I kind of shook my head at that trade.. seemed like an odd one for the Avs to make, and perhaps Peter Stastny was right. lol

BTW, the Q3 review is in the works. Hopefully we’ll have it for this weekend.. or maybe early next week.

Racki:

Yeah RNH had a less than normal performance, he had so much time in the OT and generated a chances but other than that he was fairly quiet. Byron Froese had a pretty good game and Kudra was pretty good too.

Cody Eakin was a highly effective shit disturber, didn’t really pay too much attention to him until I realized he was on the WJC team, after that I noticed he’s pretty chippy and likes to stir the pot. (Didn’t really pay attention to how he played though)