GDT Oilers 0, Ducks 4 – Game 56 – 2011-02-13 @ 6:00 PM MST – SNETW

Edmonton Oilers vs Anaheim Ducks
logo AT logo
31-24-4 Record 16-31-8
Location: Rexall Place
Date: February 13, 2011 @ 6:00 PM MST
TV: SNETW

First off… reminder.. OIL CHANGE TONIGHT!! It is at 5:00PM MST, so set your PVRs.

Anyways, tonight the Oilers host the Ducks in the fourth and final match-up of these two teams for the 2010/11 season. The Oilers are 1-1-1 in the series, with the last game being a 3-2 Ducks win last month. You have to figure Dubnyk will get the start today in a back-to-back, especially after Khabibulin crapped himself in the last game from the get-go. Tencer had a strange tweet early this morning though that worries me: “Khabibulin tomorrow, looking to snap his 13 game losing streak.” Does that mean he’s starting again? If so, you can only figure that they’re really trying to ensure a last place finish. Just saying. Khabibulin still says he has his confidence, but we know he’s long lost fan confidence. Anyways, I’m interested in who they play. Really they should be trying to develop Dubnyk.

Edit: It is indeed going to be Dubnyk.

As for Oil Change, we will get some taste of the Oklahoma City Barons… so that should be interesting.

Prediction: 5-2 Ducks

GUESSTIMATED LINES

Hall – Cogliano- Eberle
Paajarvi – Gagner – Omark
Reddox – Penner – Hemsky
MacIntyre – Fraser – Jones

Peckham – Gilbert
Smid- Petry
Vandermeer – Foster

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

LIVE CHAT

Closed.

9 Responses to “GDT Oilers 0, Ducks 4 – Game 56 – 2011-02-13 @ 6:00 PM MST – SNETW”

Again, a reminder… Oil Change Part 4 is tonight on TSN at 5:00PM MST, just before the game.

2. dawgtoy says:

I miss these Oil Change episodes every damn time. Replay Tuesday, already set the PVR. Anaheim is getting healthy and I like the look of them, they might do some damage. Kickin’ the shit out of us, but that really doesn’t take much these days now does it?

Racki: It wasn’t really all that exciting of an Oil Change, but ya, will be replayed soon anyways.

Still though. Brilliant marketting and a way to build the fanbase up even more. They should just do this as a standard thing from now on.

What was on this ep anyways? Focus on the Barons and for some reason I thought I heard there was a bit of time focused on fitness? I wish HBO would do a series on the Oilers, a little more in-depth than Oil Change, still love seeing what goes behind the scenes in Oil Change though.

chucker: Still though.Brilliant marketting and a way to build the fanbase up even more.They should just do this as a standard thing from now on.

Oh yah for sure.. I still love the show. Just saying it wasn’t one of the better ones.

Zack: a bit on drafting again (next year’s prospects.. although no juicy morsels), a fair bit on OKC, a teensy insignificant bit on fitness (at least I don’t remember much on it, anyway).. some injury stuff.. Doobie’s first shutout (At the very end), some funny stuff with Peckham and Petry being clueless about doing laundry… Oilers’ skills comp… Stortini demotion..

It felt more to me like a catch up of recent events than “behind the scenes” in a lot of cases. But it was alright.

As for HBO.. right now, not many people want to see the Oilers, aside from us.. although it would be an interesting contrast to see the stellar Pens/Caps behind the scenes and then see our team. lol

7. hemmerlady says:

missed OC (I agree, smart on the organization’s part – the fans are unhappy and it’s at least giving us a little to chew on).

I saw the WC standings tonight and I have to say – I never thought we’d finish better than 10th this year, but we’re in DEAD last, and so many points behind 14th it’s embarrassing. I’m with you, Rack, let’s get to the draft – and QUICK.

Look I knew this year we would have another top 3 pick and it would be an ugly season, but 12 shots on goal is embarrassing. At least make it somewhat of a game. I understand we are young, inexperienced and rebuilding. I still feel we are better than a 12 shot game tho.

9. mrgod2u says:

What a pathetic game. We don’t always play like we’re last in the league, but we sure did last night.