GDT Oilers 3, Blues 5 – Game 51 – 2011-02-04 @ 6:00 PM – SNETW

Edmonton Oilers at St. Louis Blues
logo AT logo
22-20-7 Record 15-27-8
Location: Scottrade Center
Date: February 4, 2011 @ 6:00 PM MST
TV: SNETW

The Oilers head into St. Louis tonight with hopes of ending their current reign of stink. Both of these teams are 2-7-1 in their last 10. Some key lineup notes tonight: Dubnyk starts, Eberle returns, and Penner is out with the flu. Yay for Eberle! Seems like it’s been forever since he last played.

Prediction: 5-2 Oilers

PROJECTED LINES

Hall – Cogliano- Eberle
Paajarvi – Gagner – Omark
Jones – Horcoff – Hemsky
MacIntyre – Fraser – Reddox

Peckham – Gilbert
Smid- Petry
Vandermeer – Foster

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

LIVE CHAT

Closed

6 Responses to “GDT Oilers 3, Blues 5 – Game 51 – 2011-02-04 @ 6:00 PM – SNETW”

1. D-man09 says:

Interesting top line but I think it would be better to have hall in the middle. I totally agree with the defense lines.

2. Mr.Majestyk says:

are we showcasing Cogliano for a trade or does Renney just really like what he’s bringing this season?

I think part of it is they also want to ensure they did everything in their power to give him opportunity.. unlike last year.

4. Scarriere says:

I know I do.
    I can’t figure out why someone would bash him. Cogliano has been a bright spot and his work ethic is with out question.

5. hemmerlady says:

Ugggggh, another tough loss. From the shot count it looks like we put in a great effort. [Wouldn’t know personally, !@# SNET blackout + disabled feed] I’m finding it increasingly intolerable to be around smug Nucks fans who enjoy sadistically rubbing it in. I will feel better when they make their routine 2nd round exit. Yeah, I know, sour grapes, but I have to cling to something.

edit: only saw the highlights, but I like the looks of this Hall-Cogs-Eberle thing.

Scarriere: Yah I was thinking that too when I was posting that… I was thinking that maybe Renney just sees the work ethic as there and wants to reward him. We talked a bit about it in the GDT chat, but I’ll repeat here.. I really like Cogliano. I just want whats best for his career. I hope he can fit in here, but he might be a victim of the numbers game.

HL: The Hall/Cogs/Eberle line was pretty good. Actually all 3 lines had some magic here and there.

MacIntyre is officially useless. I’m not pinning that on him though. I should clarify… Renney officially does not utilize MacIntyre in anyway that justifies having him on the roster, nevermind the lineup. Hall got pushed around (although deservedly so in one case, perhaps) tonight.. what good does having MacI stapled to the bench do? The Blues knew they had free reign on him. Cut Mac, or start using him effectively. I somewhat jokingly suggested we should pay him $3M/year and start sending him out on hurt missions ($3M / year is compensation for loss of wages due to suspensions).At any rate, the justification for him not instigating anything is that he can’t, because he will lose too much money… well, quite frankly, he has no other use, unfortunately. (btw, I hate to even say that, because I really like MacIntyre!)