Oilers recall Liam Reddox and Linus Omark

By , January 3, 2011 3:36 pm
Liam Reddox and Linus Omark recalled

Liam Reddox and Linus Omark recalled

I’m glad to hear that Gingerballs will finally get a chance under Tom Renney. I hope Colin Fraser sits while Liam Reddox gets some games. Our bottom six could use the hard work ethic of a guy like Reddox. Jordan Eberle’s injury sounds minor, so far, so Omark might not be here long, but we’ll see.

Here is official word from the Oilers:

General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today the Edmonton Oilers have recalled forwards Linus Omark and Liam Reddox from the Oklahoma City Barons of the American Hockey League.

Omark, 23, was recalled by the Oilers on December 8 and made his NHL debut on December 10 vs. Tampa Bay, scoring the deciding goal in the shootout. He played in eight games collecting a goal and four assists before being assigned back to Oklahoma City on December 31.

The 5’10”, 174-pound Overtornea, Sweden native has appeared in 28 games with Oklahoma City this season scoring 31 points (14-17-31), ranking him third among Barons scorers.

Reddox is currently second on the Barons scoring list with 33 points (18-15-33) and is a team-best plus 14. This is the first time Reddox has been recalled this season.

The 24-year-old native of Whitby, Ontario, was originally drafted by the Oilers in the fourth round (112th overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. In 56 career NHL games, Reddox has 14 points (5-9-14) and 14 penalty minutes.

One major point of note…. Liam Reddox has to clear waivers to be sent back down. So that might keep him here.

6 Responses to “Oilers recall Liam Reddox and Linus Omark”

Why send Omark down if he’s just going to be called up a week later? Did he play any games while in OKC?

And you’d rather have Fraser a HS then JFJ? Or Stortini? He’s played better than those two plugs. How long of a contract does Fraser have?

(I’d figure out all these questions on my own, but I only have my phone right now and thats just difficult)

Fraser has been equally useless, if you ask me. That entire 4th line needs re-working. If I had a permanent 4th line when all players were healthy, I could see it being Jones-Reddox-Stortini though. I can’t see how Fraser has a future here.

Btw, Omark played 2 games for OKC while demoted.. so yah, it wasn’t a bad decision to do that. Btw, in those 2 games he had 1 goal and 4 assists….

3. hemmerlady says:

4. Raine Snow says:

Omark played 2 games since being sent back. He tallied one goal on January 1st and 4 assists on January 2nd. 5 points in two games since his return to the farm.

Although Reddox lacks size, he’s got to be an improvement over Colin Fraser or JF Jacques. The Oilers are looking for a spark within the bottom 6. An energy player on a call up usually delivers in his first few games, it’s just a matter of sustaining that level of play.

Hopefully Reddox brings the energy and Omark plays a better two way game.

hemmerlady: TSN’s latest post makes it sound like Eberle will be out for awhile, although he’s still waiting for an MRI. I speak from experience when I say that soft tissue injuries can take a long time to heal, so if the ankle is sprained, I hope it is a mild sprain. Hemmeberlady sends good, healing thoughts.

The more recent reports have been that the ankle injury isn’t as bad as they originally thought. He’s already had the boot cast taken off and says it feels good. Yah, that could change, and we don’t want him coming back too early when the season is pretty much a write-off.. but sounds like he’ll be OK. He’ll miss a couple of games for sure, but he might not miss all that much more.

6. dawgtoy says:

Good recall, Omark can continue to tryout getting top six minutes and hopefully the Ginger is the energy the bottom six lack.