GDT Oilers 1, Wild 4 – Game 45 – 2011-01-18 @ 7:30 PM – SNET W

Edmonton Oilers vs. Minnesota Wild
logo AT logo
22-18-5 Record 14-23-7
Location: Rexall Place
Date: January 18, 2011 @ 7:30 PM MST
TV: SN WEST

Oilers seem to have 3 scoring lines going these days, with not all lines firing at once. Who will be the hot line tonight? We’ll have to wait and see. However the Paajarvi-Gagner-Omark line was magic against the Ducks. Hopefully they can keep that going, as both Paajarvi and Omark need a boost in confidence. The Oilers are in every game, but their record hasn’t been very good recently. They’ve only won 2 of their last 10, although one of those wins was a very impressive performance against a much better Sharks team. The wild are 6-4-0 in that time frame.

Prediction: I think the Oilers can win this one. I’ll guess 5-2 Edmonton. Am I ever right on these things? My record is definitely far worse than the Oilers’ record.

UNCONFIRMED LINES

Penner – Hall – Hemsky
Paajarvi – Gagner – Omark
Reddox – Cogliano – Jones
Jacques – Fraser – Stortini

Peckham – Gilbert
Smid – Petry
Chorney – Foster

Khabibulin
Dubnyk

LIVE CHAT

Closed.

10 Responses to “GDT Oilers 1, Wild 4 – Game 45 – 2011-01-18 @ 7:30 PM – SNET W”

New PP lines tonight, apparently:

Paajarvi-Hall-Omark with Foster and Chorney
    Penner-Gagner-Hemsky with Gilbert and Petry

I’m really interested to see what Paajarvi Omark and Hall can do together.

3. Alan-NottsUK says:

obviously i’d love it. but it seems everyone over there is against it.

4. Scarriere says:

It’s great Renny is finally mixing up the pp.
    Go Oilers!

5. Trogdor says:

Alan-NottsUK: not seen anyone on any boards talking about the euro opener next season since it tambi talked about the league asking.obviously i’d love it. but it seems everyone over there is against it.

I did see some talk in the news about it and that the Oilers had talked to Fraser I think about his experience with it and how the team coped with the schedule and travel at the start of the season. I’m sure the Oilers will jump on board though. I’ll fly over to Prague for a game, love that place.

There was a bit of talk about it here, but I think it was mostly (or all) in the GDT chat. Anyways, I’m not completely opposed to it… but the thing is it’s a horrible way for a team to start a season. It’s a great chance for displaced fans in Europe though to watch their favorite teams, so I am definitely a fan of that. It’s just the travel is so long and hard on the teams that I believe these teams that do this have been known to get off to a bad start after it. I would love to fly to Sweden, or wherever this might end up being (not sure if details were mentioned yet), to catch an Oil game though, if it were possible.

And it sounded like Renney was excited about the idea. It might have been just him towing the company (or NHL) line though.

7. hemmerlady says:

Racki: Ryan Whitney is officially done for the season, for those that didn’t hear. He’s had his surgery already though.

motherf—–.

Worse yet: Hemsky has left the game with a concussion.

9. hemmerlady says:

Watch as hemmerlady throws herself off a bridge, to join her fleeting hopes of a successful season.

For the love of god, where is Boston Oiler.. we need him to talk her down. :lol: