GDT Oilers 1, Canucks 6 – Game 40 – 2011-01-07 @ 8:00 PM – SNET EDM

GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. Vancouver Canucks
logo AT logo
13-19-7 Record 26-8-5
Location: Rogers Arena
Date: January 7, 2011 @ 8:00 PM MST
TV: SN EDM

Nothing like going up against a team that has recorded points in its last 14 games (club record) after enjoying our first win after a 7 game skid. The Canucks have gone 12-0-2 in their last 14 contests and look to accomplish their first 8 game win streak since 8 years past. These are the kind of games where some crap team gets to play spoiler, so hopefully the boys are up to the challenge and can send the Sedin sisters home crying. This game kicks off a 5 game road trip for the Oilers, so hopefully a change of scenery is all they need to start winning again as last night’s win was the only of 5 games in a row at home.

Per TSN:
“Gilbert Brule bruised his abdomen, according to head coach Tom Renney, and is day-to-day. … Jim Vandermeer suffered a right ankle injury on Thursday against the Islanders and did not return to the game. He is expected back in a few of days.”

TSN ICE CHIP’s LINES

Hamhuis – Bieksa
Alberts – Ballard

Schneider
Luongo

LIVE CHAT

Closed.

9 Responses to “GDT Oilers 1, Canucks 6 – Game 40 – 2011-01-07 @ 8:00 PM – SNET EDM”

1. Trogdor says:

With Brule and Vandemeer out I guess that means Stortini or JFJ will join Foster on the ice. Could be a rough night.

I’m thinking big win for the Canucks. But you never know..

3. Spartacus says:

The Canucks are due to lose and the Oilers have been playing well in back to back games. I want a win against the Canucks so bad… but I’m having a hard time convincing myself that the Oilers are up to it.

Optimistically predict a 3-2 win in the shootout. ‘Cause, you know, we’re due a shootout win.

4. oilinblood says:

*raises pointer fingers*

Question
    Why was Bieksa still alive after the game?

Another Question
    If you use the top pp when its 5-1 would you really be surprised to see MAcI Storts Jones and JFJ or the likes… taking the pk and not worrying about the puck? Would a good coach send a message about hitting skilled players when they dont have the puck? or does a good coach not send messages because he is too busy planning his spring and summer vacation?

Just wondering because this is the third time this year Renney has made us look like wimps. Hats off to peckham!!!!!!

Nobody thinks its at all tough to play us. infact they all love playing us. We are always easy nights.

5. John says:

I knew the boys were gonna take one in the junk tonight but 6 goals, Kessler with a hat trick? Really? …Fuck.

Well on a positive note, in previous years, this probably would have been a 10-1 loss. lol

7. Spartacus says:

I went to see Gulliver’s Travels so I didn’t see the game.

Bieksa was running around? Screw this gunslinger code that the heavyweights in the league live by. I wanna see MacIntyre go apeshit when an Oiler gets run. I wanna see all the officials trying to pull Mac off his victim.

Like when Phaneuf was in Hall’s face a few games back. He should have paid for his temerity with blood. And maybe a few teeth, while he’s at it.

I totally agree with oilinblood; the Oilers are too easy to play against.

And of all the Canucks to get a hat-trick, did it have to be Kesler. God, I hate that guy. I’m kinda biased against American players in general, but man, that guy irks me.

8. hemmerlady says:

well that was painful. I had to turn off the tv. I hate the obnoxious gloating of Canucks fans; it’s so unbearable. I’m not sure I can take the hard time I’m going to get on Monday. Well, I’m about to go on a jog wearing my Oilers hat, because I’m just that masochistic. Hemmerlady appreciates your prayers.

9. Ktown says:

Oh, HL – I feel your pain. The wife and I were out at friends’ for dinner. I was the only Oilers jersey in a group of 8 people… Took a few beatings that night… *sigh*…

The only consolation will be if the Nucks DON’T win the Cup this year. This is easily the best team they’ve put on the ice since back in the ’90s, and if they can’t win it – there’s gonna be another 16 year wait for them to make the finals again.