GDT Oilers 2, Islanders 1 – Game 39 – 2011-01-06 @ 7:00 PM – SNET

GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. New York Islanders
logo AT logo
12-19-6 Record 12-19-7
Location: Rexall Place
Date: January 6, 2011 @ 7:00 PM MST
TV: TSN

Got to make this a quick one again, as I’m swamped at work. I’ll be heading to Rexall to see this one tonight too. I am hoping for a good one. This is the battle of two horrible teams though.

Hmm… 5-2 Oilers

FAIRLY-EDUCATED-GUESS LINES

Hall- Gagner – Hemsky
Penner- Cogliano – Brule
Paajarvi – Reddox – Omark
Jones – Fraser – MacIntyre

Peckham – Gilbert
Smid – Petry
Vandermeer – Strudwick

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

LIVE CHAT

Closed.

10 Responses to “GDT Oilers 2, Islanders 1 – Game 39 – 2011-01-06 @ 7:00 PM – SNET”

Good job photoshopping JFJ doing something useful for this team.

2. Trogdor says:

I think that’s Luke Richardson.

Such hate.

Btw, as indicated above, healthy scratches tonight are: Foster, Jacques, Stortini.

I’m actually looking forward to this game, mostly because I know both teams so well. Don’t ask me to make any predictions though, seeing as both teams can be like Jekyl & Hyde. Hoping for a fast game with the core future on display (minus Ebs) and no injuries for either team. Isles are on a pretty good run right now too and the Oilers aren’t.

Late edit – here are the projected Isles lines courtesy of my friend 2Streit.

Moulson-Tavares-Papineau
    Sim-Schremp-Comeau
    Joensuu-Bailey-Grabner
    Martin-Konopka-Gillies

MacDonald-Hamonic
    Jurcina-Hillen
    Gervais-Reese

Lawson
    Poulin

Injuries: DiPietro & Frans Neilson nursing groin injuries, Eaton out with a hip injury, Martinek with a wrist injury and of course Streit & Okposo have been out since the beginning of the season. Weight has been MIA with a back injury for ages, Hunter gone for a while with a torn MCL and Mottau done for the season due to hip surgery. Edit #2 – Eaton now needs hip surgery, announced today.

5. mrgod2u says:

Well we’re due to win one, and this one will be a barn-burner. So as long as we match energy we have a chance. I thought we had a good game against Detroit (well good by recent standards) but they just have too much experience playing that fast paced young team, for the first few years of the Chicago rebuild Detroit beat them the exact same way they beat us. Puck-possession until we wear ourselves out.

I’m going to put one out there and say 5-3 Oilers with the final goal and empty-netter.

6. dawgtoy says:

Go CanadaOilers Go!

7. oilinblood says:

*holds pointer fingers up*
    —Question—
    ON coaching a rebuilding team; should the focus of practices be on your own play and the development of THAT system and players more than what the opposing team is coming at you with? SHould you be bothering with telling players what they will be facing when they arent even efficient at playing their own system for 60 minutes.
    Could the biggest issue of the oilers be that (based on the footage of oil change and their coaches own words) they are worrying about other teams systems when they cant even play their own effectively?
    Perhaps one should -’worry about their *our* own game before trying to make adaptations *changes* for particular opponents’. Infact thats exactly what Scotty BOWman, LArry Robinson and someone named Roger Neilson said …word for word.

8. John says:

Wow, aside from the first 10 min of the 1st period… that game sucked! I was all excited for the game, you know; two young up & coming teams with lots of speed & some talent up front. Instead I got sleep fest which I couldn’t erase off my PVR fast enough :/ Oh well, at least the Oil broke their losing streak finally.

Well I saw maybe 5 minutes of this one as I was busy last night, but glad to see them pick up a win. Dubnyk I see got the start and played pretty well, always a plus as he is now starting to show signs of maybe being an ok NHL goalie. I’ll take two points gladly. Now lets reward them with a trip to Vancouver…..ouch

10. Ktown says:

wrong thread… i’m a moron.