GDT: Oilers 1, Sharks 2 – Game 32 – 2010-12-21 @ 8:30 PM – SNET

logo AT logo
12-14-5 Record 17-11-5
Location: HP Pavilion
Date: December 21, 2010 @ 8:30 PM MST
TV: SNET

Click here for TEAM CANADA GDT

It feels like we already had the Christmas break since our last game… four days off is an eternity! The Oilers are of course fresh off a hot win (6-3 over the Blue Jackets), so nothing like four days off to completely cool off a team. Both teams are 6-3-1 in their last 10. The Sharks have owned the series so far, spanking the Oilers 6-1 for the first meeting, back in October, and then winning 4-3 in November. Hopefully the Oilers continue the improvement vs. the Sharks though and win tonight. Tom Renney is promising playoffs, and he’s going to need all the help he can get.

Prediction: 4-2 Sharks (damn it!)

CONFIRMED LINES

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Paajarvi-O’Marra-Omark
Penner-Cogliano-Jones
Jacques-Fraser-Stortini

Peckham – Gilbert
Whitney – Strudwick
Smid – Foster

Khabibulin
Dubnyk

Notes:
– Brule staying back for this road trip with the flu. Jacques taking his place tonight.

LIVE CHAT

11 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 1, Sharks 2 – Game 32 – 2010-12-21 @ 8:30 PM – SNET”

1. MetalOil says:

Normally I hate these late west coast starts but not tonight!! Double header with the WJ tune up game that has quiet a few Oiler Prospects in it followed by the SJ-Oil game!!!

2. John says:

I’m stoked about a double header tonight too but not the WJ game.

Quiz: What’s the only hockey I enjoy more than an Oilers win?
    Answer: Watching the Flames lose!

I will predict a 5-3 loss for the Flames & a 4-3 OT win for the Oilers tonight!

Watching Canada win is far more exciting than watching anything happen to the Flamers.. shame on you John! :P

4. John says:

Racki: Watching Canada win is far more exciting than watching anything happen to the Flamers.. shame on you John!

Hahaha, I know Racki but you have to understand I live in the heart of the beast here. You guys in Oil Country are lucky; when the Oil win you all get to high-5 & smile all day, & when they lose you can all just pretend there wasn’t even a game played the night before if you want.

Down here it’s like being on the Front during the fuckin Blitzkreig; when the Flames win it’s in my face 24/7 by everyone I know, & when the Oil lose it’s about the same! So when the Flames lose (& especially coupled with an Oil win) it’s a big deal & I need to cheer & razz, & basically get my shots in while I can ;) I have to say though, it’s been a lot quieter for me in light of recent events :)

Double header. What are the chances the wife lets me watch both? Hmmmm.

6. John says:

Chucker: I find that promise of payment in the order of “special services” usually does the trick hehe :)

John: Chucker: I find that promise of payment in the order of “special services” usually does the trick hehe

Well, I got to watch both games so…… :P

8. MetalOil says:

HE SHOOTS HE SCOORRRRES!

10. John says:

MetalOil: I guess goal scoring does not come easy for Whitney. The goal that was originally given to Ryan then changed to Penner has now been given back to Ryan today by the NHL. The Streak ends!!!

So just out of curiosity does anyone know if a player (in this case would have been Penner) can go to the NHL & lobby to have credit for a goal transferred to another player involved in the play? Had credit for that goal been officialy been given to Penner I would like to think he would have gone out of his way to get Whitney credited for the goal based on the “desparate circumstances” of the situation lol.

John:
    So just out of curiosity does anyone know if a player (in this case would have been Penner) can go to the NHL & lobby to have credit for a goal transferred to another player involved in the play?Had credit for that goal been officialy been given to Penner I would like to think he would have gone out of his way to get Whitney credited for the goal based on the “desparate circumstances” of the situation lol.

Uh… no. :P

There are no charity goals.