GDT: Oilers 5, Maple Leafs 0 – Game 25 – 2010-12-02 @ 5:00 PM – SNET1

Edmonton Oilers at Toronto Maple Leafs
logo AT logo
8-12-4 Record 8-11-4
Location: Air Canada Centre
Date: December 2, 2010 @ 5:00 PM MST
TV: SNET One

Tonight the Oilers face off against a fairly equal team, as far as standings are concerned (the Leafs have one less game played – one less loss). The Oilers head into the center of the hockey universe to battle against the Toronto Maple Leafs. I’m surprised this one isn’t on TSN again, but I’m happy to hear the voices of Debrusk and Quinn again.

I’m thinking another win for the Oilers who have looked a fair bit better as of recently. I’m thinking this will be a big one.

Prediction: 6-1 Oilers. That’s right. I’m not planning the cup route or anything, I just think the Oilers will continue riding the high tonight and beat up on an equally poor team.

CONFIRMED LINES

Orr – Mitchell – Brent

Beauchemin – Komisarek
Kaberle – Schenn
Lebda – Gunnarson

Gustavsson
Giguere

NOTES: Hemsky is doubtful for tonight’s game, per the Edmonton Journal. If he’s out, all bets are off on the lineups. Not sure what they’ll do. That’ll bring MacIntyre or Stortini in the line up though, which will push Jones forward a line or two. I would guess Jones in place of Brule, and Brule in place of Hemsky.

NOTE 2: Confirmed, Hemsky out. Jacques also out, which means both Big Mac and Storts should draw in.

LIVE CHAT

Closed.

18 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 5, Maple Leafs 0 – Game 25 – 2010-12-02 @ 5:00 PM – SNET1”

1. oilinblood says:

I must say that i echo the debrusk and quinn sentiment. Hearing Chris Cuthbert call the Oilers game last night was awesome. Chris is one of my favorite sportscasters and that likely will never change. If Doug Weight, Steve MCQueen, edward r murrow, Macgyver, and Doogie Howser all combined DNA to make a baby with Christina Hendricks as surrogate… Chris Cuthbert would eat the baby spit it out and still sound smooth not, for even a second, stopping his play by play.

…How about a picture of Christina Hendricks for Monday?

I’m all for that MMS choice, OIB.

Hemsky doubtful for tonight. No word exactly why. Guessing groin issues still.

4. Trogdor says:

And by Monday, I assume you mean any day but Monday.

Racki:

I’m all for that MMS choice, OIB.

We should change it from MMS to the RDRTS … Random Day, Random Time Standings

6. NorwegianOiler says:

Racki: Hemsky doubtful for tonight. No word exactly why. Guessing groin issues still.

Bad.

7. Spartacus says:

Spartacus: Frickin’ Oilers playing Khabibulin. WTF? I know it’s a back to back game, but how about letting the fans enjoy a few wins before they force the MVP down our throats again.I’m all for a high draft pick, but fuck me, I like watching my team win, too. I’m torn.

http://www.coppernblue.com/2010/8/8/1612638/he-was-our-mvp-until-the-point :facepalm:

9. NorwegianOiler says:

I’m going out on a limb here and predict either 1) a win or, 2) a loss.

Better bring the effort against the Leafs who MUST be angry with themselves after fumbling lead after lead…

10. Spartacus says:

:doublefacepalm:

11. MetalOil says:

Just finished watching the game on delay and wow. Great game all around. Gagner really seems to be stepping up his game of late. And Hall, what can you say? The way he turned the corner using his speed to get his first of the night really makes me think we made the right choice last June. That’s my favorite Hall goal so far.

Also just saw on Twitter that this 5-0 win is the first Oiler Shutout in 41 all time meetings in Toronto. That’s pretty surprising to hear.

Here’s a good article from Mirtle that basically chronicles the state of crap in Toronto right now. Pretty good for the Oilers to be on the giving end of “all new low” for a team.

I would love to console Leafs fans by saying “don’t worry, it will get better” (I honestly do feel a bit of pity for them), but it likely won’t, thanks to that dipshit in the head office there trading away their future for Kessel.

13. MetalOil says:

Jordan Eberle only 1 pt back of Jeff Skinner in rookie scoring & Taylor Hall 2 goals back of Logan Couture’s rookie leading 10 goals!!!

14. mrgod2u says:

15. john says:

mrgod2u: This game (and road trip) is a perfect example of the kind of season we will have. It is going to be all good when we are on a high, and crap hockey when things go south. This is a what happens with a team of young guys, it takes a few seasons for them to smooth out. Kudo’s to the Leafs for trying to play our up tempo, rush to rush game against us, but ultimately it was a bad decision, as we are faster and more skilled. I wish I could say I’m sad that Toronto sucks and are booing their team, but I don’t care, they made their bed and will have to sleep in it. They had the chance (actually thay have had many chances) to tear their team down and rebuild. Every time they have grown impatient and short-circuited the process for a band-aid cure that leaves them a 8-10 team (or worse). I think we all remember that strategy from the past decade here, and how maddening it is.Fantastic work from our young stars, if we can keep this momentum up we will soon get the respect we deserve. Eberle is going on my next jersey.

Good luck finding that jersey; I’ve been looking for an Eberle Reebok TC Retro for a week now & can’t find one anywhere! Just got off the phone with my Brother in Law who is in the sports paraphernalia \circle\ & he said the Eberle Retros have outsold the Halls about 5 to 1 thereby depleting the entire supply that reebok originally produced. He says they won’t be producing any more til around March :( Not sure about getting a Reebok SR third & getting the name & # put on.

john:
    Good luck finding that jersey; I’ve been looking for an Eberle Reebok TC Retro for a week now & can’t find one anywhere! Just got off the phone with my Brother in Law who is in the sports paraphernalia \circle\ & he said the Eberle Retros have outsold the Halls about 5 to 1 thereby depleting the entire supply that reebok originally produced. He says they won’t be producing any more til around March :(Not sure about getting a Reebok SR third & getting the name & # put on.

Just do that… get a blank one and get it put on. There might be a long wait though. I think I had to wait over a month for my Horc jersey, but that was a few years ago.

17. mrgod2u says:

Yeah, I’ll buy it blank and send it in to get pro-crested. Costs a bit and takes some time, but I want it to look good. Plus living in Regina, it doesn’t matter what team anyone likes, they all like Eberle, so even when the Oil lose you don’t get grief for wearing the colours….

18. dawgtoy says:

Sports closet in Sherwood Park Mall has Eberle Jersey’s. 189.99 each and all three available …. White, Blue or Traditional. Also have all three for Hall or Pääjärvi. FYI I was there this morning and there are lots of them.