Monday Morning Standings

By , November 24, 2010 3:55 pm

Happy Wednesday!  And now, for the Monday Morning Standings…

The Weak in Oil

Well the week wasn’t totally weak with a win in Anaheim, but that was about the only highlight.  Small improvements over the previous week in the GAA stat, but I don’t think that’s any indicator of a defensive recovery with the number of shots that have been sent Dubnyk’s way.  Belle has been reassigned so that Smid can return to the lineup.

Around the league

Minnesota claimed forward Patrick O’Sullivan off waivers from the Carolina Hurricanes.
Philadelphia acquired defenseman Danny Syvret and forward Rob Bordson from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for forwards Patrick Maroon and David Laliberte.
Fans showing Carey Price a lot of love in the write in ballot for the all-star game.

OKC Barons Update

The Barons continue to play well and currently sit 3rd in the western conference with a record of 12-6-1.

The Pools

5 d0nkey.punch(gr8one)  35-33-10  80
6 SamusBrattus  35-38-5  75
7 Racki’s Champions  34-37-7  75
8 Layin Pipe  34-40-4  72
9 dawgtoy  28-47-3  59
10 Metal Mulisha  24-44-10  58

11 Responses to “Monday Morning Standings”

1. Trogdor says:

Tried to be a little more accomodating today…

This picture is gr8one approved. I think she might be cold…I volunteer to keep her warm. giggity giggity!

3. Trogdor says:

There’s supposed to be a Beckham hiding in there somewhere for the sake of female readership which was a chore to get working, and now that I’m home, it’s not working again. I tried!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. A sight for sore eyes after hours of systems training today. Nice work Trogdor. Nice work.

She was always my favorite Spice Girl. Her and the red head chick. Sporty was okay too. Baby and Scary…..yes I know most of their names. My wife has their CDs. :P Not to mention that their videos were must watch tv for the discerning male.

Trogdor: There’s supposed to be a Beckham hiding in there somewhere for the sake of female readership which was a chore to get working, and now that I’m home, it’s not working again.I tried!

Fixed. Easter egg for the women to try and find. :P

You guys are so good to us…he looks a bit oily though, guess that’s appropriate.

chucker: red head = Ginger Spice (Geri). My daughter had their CD`s.

7. Mr.Majestyk says:

My favourite Beckham interview was with Ali G on comic relief. Pretty funny stuff.

Yah I liked that too. Ali G always made me laugh. The guy is the king of awkward. Knows how to make his audience squirm in their seats. Sacha Baron Cohen is rule.

9. neufab says:

Just a thought on “female readership”… more women than men buy Maxim :)

Although the Oilers are last in the west, I am comforted by seeing the flames right there as well.

I can’t figure out why Brule isn’t taking more draws. It seems to me that if faceoff % is a problem for this team, then why the hell not put in one of the better faceoff guys. Brule is 55% having taken 109 draws and is 58% at home compared to Cogliano’s 42.8% (159 draws). For crying out loud, all the other centermen are under 50% in the dot (in fairness to Horcoff, he is 50% on the road). Wishful thinking isn’t working so why not use the tools in your toolbox?

The Penner-Cogliano-Brule trio looked good vs. the Avs. In spite of his critics, Penner creates room for his line-mates and puts up respectable numbers regardless of who he’s playing with.

Assessing this team is more of a “what will they be” rather than what they are now. As such, I’d like to see Paajarvi-Gagner-Hemsky as a consistent trio assuming the Horcoff line keeps it up, and Penner continues to open things up for Cogs and Brule.

Tambellini said that there is no pending trade, and that it’s up to THESE guys to develop their game. So unfortunately it doesn’t look like any help is coming on the blue line. Too bad because that #6 spot is weak. I say that assuming Whitney & Gilbert continue to do what they do, Foster brings what management wanted him to, and Peckham and Smid ‘become’ the physical shut-down types the Oilers need.

The Oilers are selling a whole lot of hope…

… with the glimpses of brilliance that I’ve seen thus far… I look forward to cheering for a winning team.

10. otto says:

Yeah wtf, I demand more male bootie. We need hockey players doing underwear ads like David Beckham.

11. hemmerlady says:

Thanks for Becks, Trogdor. You must have sensed an inevitable female-POTF-user revolution. I was going to humbly request a shirtless Hemmer pic but I suppose this will do for now. :)