GDT: Oilers 2, Rangers 8 – Game 16 – 2010-11-14 @ 10:30 AM – SNET

Edmonton Oilers at New York Rangers
logo AT logo
4-8-3 Record 8-7-1
Location:Madison Square Garden
Date: November 14, 2010 @ 10:30 AM MST
TV: Sportsnet

This one’s an early one. Hopefully the Oilers are actually awake for this one. How many times have I used the word “hopefully” in a game day thread pre-game rant? Probably quite a lot. The Rangers are sitting in the middle of the pack, while the Oilers are once again basement dwellers – last in the league.

Since I’m actually writing this one the night before, I haven’t heard anything official on Horcoff, but it sounds like he will be playing against the Rangers. And hell, that lucky bastard Boston Oiler even got some confirmation on that, straight from the source. So that is good news.

Prediction: I always thought the Oilers were good vs. Eastern teams. I figure they’ll get a boost out of the return of Horcoff too. If they lose this one though, I’m going to get my brown bag out… (kidding).

Prediction: 6-3 Oilers

Del Zotto Eminger
Sauer Gilroy

Biron
Lundqvist

LIVE GAME CHAT

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

20 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 2, Rangers 8 – Game 16 – 2010-11-14 @ 10:30 AM – SNET”

Lineups are very unofficial. Just guessing based on Horcoff’s likely return.

2. hemmerlady says:

3. Old Skool says:

I hope Boogaard is out or Big Mac’s back is good to go. Because it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to even have MacIntyre on the payroll if he’s not playing in a game like this, if he’s not injured. This is exactly the kind of setup where one of our “young guns” or Hemmer will get carried off the ice if there’s only Storitini guarding the flock! Boogaard, B.Boyle and Prust are not afraid of “huggy bear”. Team toughness my ass!

MacIntyre is actually back in, as is Horcoff. Khabi looks to be getting the start.

All per Millhouse.

5. NorwegianOiler says:

hemmerlady: Honestly – whoever is responsible for this year’s game schedule has it in for me. I will miss the entire game for work. Who has a game on a Sunday morning? Definitely a team in need of some serious prayer.This will probably change but the league standings currently have NYI in last place. Cold comfort.

Haha, consider this: It’s probably the only game I will see this season that is on the same date here as it is over yonder.

I hope the Rangers allow us into the game, because we appear unable to force our way into anything on our own. Hope Horcs’ return can bring back some balance in our lineup though…

6. hemmerlady says:

NorwegianOiler:

I’m glad you got to watch it. Or maybe not….maybe I feel bad for you.
    Seriously, 8-2? SERIOUSLY?!?
    My heart is breaking into small oildrop-shaped pieces.

I’ll always be loyal to the Oil, however I think it is safe to say that we are contending for at least another top five pick this year. We might get that prized left-handed center after all. Left-handed center + [url=”http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Murphy_%28ice_hockey%29″]Ryan Murphy[/url], I know its early but I’m in the rebuild spirit.

#1: As if it needs to be said again, but Sean Avery is an absolute fucking Douchebag…what a waste of skin, he should be put down.

#2: I had very low expectations for this season, and honestly, a part of me kind of hoped for a low finish and another lottery pick, as long as we played hard and were hard to play against and be competitive, but this is getting ridiculous.

We need to seriously shore up our D, getting blown out every game is doing nothing for the progress of our young players, and if this keeps up, it will probably hinder their development. I was never a proponent of sending Hall back to junior, but I also never expected blowout after blowout…

Tambi needs to something, this just can’t keep happening.

9. hemmerlady says:

@Gr8:
    What did Avery do NOW?

10. Haboiler says:

11. NorwegianOiler says:

hemmerlady: I’m glad you got to watch it. Or maybe not….maybe I feel bad for you.Seriously, 8-2? SERIOUSLY?!?My heart is breaking into small oildrop-shaped pieces.

I get to watch every game ;) Just happens that I had no excuse to go to bed straight after this one, so I have to stay up to the lingering stench of defeat (again).

Dread.

12. hemmerlady says:

Haboiler: He sucker punched Smid after Smid tried to fight him… almost started a line brawl… http://tinyurl.com/2ajb5cz

Avery demonstrates the poise and maturity only a sixth-grader could rival.

What an ass.

The Oilers should trade for Sean Avery just to beat him within an inch of his life in practice.

14. otto says:

The only thing I can’t stand more then Avery is his fans. Those shit-for-brains little punks who know crap all about hockey but think a cheap, worthless, gutless little puke is ‘so aweeeesome’. ‘Tards.

Lordy, I completely missed this game, been away for a tournament, but just watched the Avery crap. Here’s a little tidbit about Avery – I know someone who coached him while Avery was still a kid in minor hockey. He’s coached a few guys who have made it to the NHL. He follows their careers, still keeps in touch with them, etc. except for Avery – he can’t stand to even watch him play. He won’t even talk about him.

Sounds like another tough game today, seems like it’s been weeks since I was able to watch, my son’s hockey schedule is conflicting a lot, but they’re doing pretty good lately so at least one of my teams is.

Avery should be shot and pissed on. Not necessarily in that order.

As per Tencer: Smid has a concussion, Peckham has a wrist injury

18. mrgod2u says:

What a clown.

Also, for those not following the mc79hockey/Colin Campbell/MSMvsBlogger deal on twitter (and just made it to TSN webpage now), its really fun.

20. NorwegianOiler says:

mrgod2u: Alex Burrows on Sportsnet.ca saying that he thinks it a good idea that Smid gets cheap-shotted, because “he doesn’t like Smid much either.”What a clown.

Agree. Classless.