GDT: Oilers 3, Devils 4 (OT) – Game 15 – 2010-11-12 @ 5:00 PM – SNET

logo AT logo
4-8-2 Record 4-10-2
Location:Prudential Center
Date: November 12, 2010 @ 5:00 PM MST
TV: Sportsnet

PRE-GAME

Well, after an unmerciful 6-2 beating at the hands of the Red Wings, after an 7-1 pounding by Hurricanes, it’s hard to get excited about another Oilers game. But this one comes against another struggling team. I think the Oilers can be a better team than they appear to be some nights, so I still expect a win.

Still trying to dig up lineups. I know Dubnyk gets the start tonight. Horcoff is a gametime decision.

Unrelated to hockey, Richie Hall has been canned from the Eskimos. I’ll complete this GDT later today… busy work day for my sorry ass!

Prediction: Oilers 4, Devils 2

White Tallinder
Greene Volchenkov
Magnan Taormina

Brodeur

LIVE GAME CHAT

Closed

16 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 3, Devils 4 (OT) – Game 15 – 2010-11-12 @ 5:00 PM – SNET”

1. MetalOil says:

Jason Arnott leads the Devils in scoring, 6G, 3A, 9pts(not very good numbers to be leading a team with). We could be in trouble.

2. Haboiler says:

Wow look at that 4th line lol… Would have been nice to call up O’Marra or something to Help out Fraser a little bit. Or someone to put on that 3rd line in place of Jones. SMAC could have went on IR for 10 days. I understand the rebuild but if they are going to do it, then lets do it right. I’d waive Vandermeer and bring up a kid from the farm for 13/14F or 7D. I understand we need them to play but it would be nice for a number of players to watch one from the box once in a while.

Sorry folks, game day chat is up now. Been a hectic day. I might miss part of this game, not sure yet.

4. hemmerlady says:

I don’t know if I can stand to watch another blowout, guys…

The Devils are in dire straits though. With any luck Kovy will whiff on some more pucks and miss shooting entirely.

Even tho they lost I can say it was an unreal time. Ryan Whitney’s mom came through clutch and was a real nice lady. Still cant get over how great the guys were! It was a good game tonight too, they played ok and gave a solid effort which is all we can ask for.

WOW!!!! Congrats man! What an awesome story. Lucky guy. Glad to hear you managed to salvage a good time out of that loss ;)

It was unreal. In the first few minutes, Mac and Magnum walked by and I didn’t even ask them to sign the hat I just sat there with my jaw on the ground. Serously. Whitney came out and shook my hand and his mom introduced me. We talked for a little while and then I started getting the guys to sign stuff. When Hemsky signed the hat I couldn’t believe it. Still cant haha

Racki: WOW!!!! Congrats man! What an awesome story. Lucky guy. Glad to hear you managed to salvage a good time out of that loss P.S., SteveO will be upset that you didn’t own up to your promise to shank Strudwick

LOL When Studs walked by me in the locker room I started laughing thinking of Steveo lol. Should have asked for his autograph

haha Strudwick is a great guy off the ice. On ice, many people might not like his abilities now, but off the ice he’s cool in my books.

In other news, the Barons rocked again tonight.. 6-2 over the Chicago Wolves. Reddox with 2 goals, and O’Marra 3 assists. Reddox is one goal behind Omark.

The Barons have 4 players in the top 20 in the AHL in points: Omark, Giroux, Reddox, Moran.

11. hemmerlady says:

Bostonoiler: So even tho the boys lost tonight in New Jersey this was an unreal time. We hit tons of traffic and got at the rink after warmups and just in time. Game was going well and then late in third some older ladies came and sat next to us. Turns out it was Ryan Whitney’s mom. So after the team lost in OT, she pulled out her passes and said goodbye. When we reached the top of the stair well she said hey, why dont you come with us. We walked around the pru to a staircase, went down and sure enough it was the Oilers locker room. Got tons of autographs (Hall, Ebs, Hemmer, Penner, Smid, Khabi, Horc, Renney, Ralph Kruger who is a real great guy, Gagner, Whitney, Jones) Almost got Tambi but he walked away. Missed Paajarvi, Mac, Storts, DD, Cogs, Strudwick lmao, Fraser and a few others. Talked to Horcoff and he said he WILL be playing Sunday at NYR.

You lucky bastard!! I’m in complete awe and envy. What an excellent coincidence that your seats were near Whit’s mom! Thanks for telling us about it, even though I’m deeply jealous.

Did not see the game, but on highlights saw some nice work by Gags, and the killer save by Dubey.

Don’t forget all, tomorrow’s game is a SUPER early one.. well super early in the hockey world.

LateNightOilFan: Hey BO, that’s great! Nice to hear stories like this, I’m sure they really appreciate seeing Oiler fans on the road! Congrats!

Ralph Kruger actually thanked me for coming out and supporting the team. He was a real nice guy. They all said they liked seeing fans on the road and they were all great guys. Too bad they were in a rush and couldnt do pictures, but they signed my hat. Hemsky signing my hat was unreal, hes my favorite. Hall was unreal to meet, but Horcoff was my favorite to meet. Hes a real nice guy.

Thanks a ton to Mrs. Whitney!

15. Sean says:

Sean: I met Ryan Whitney’s mom too, at the concessions. She was with another woman and they were both super nice. I was wearing my Oilers jersey and they came up and started talking to me. Wow, great story though!

Yup, The other lady came with us too. You might have seen me at the game then. Lots of Oilers fans there that night!! I still cant believe I got to meet my heros tho.