GDT: Oilers 4, Senators 1 – Game 23 – 2010-11-29 @ 5:30 PM – SNET

Edmonton Oilers at Ottawa Senators
logo AT logo
6-12-4 Record 11-12-1
Location: Scotiabank Place
Date: November 29, 2010 @ 5:30 PM MST
TV: SNET

I always thought the games versus the East were cakewalks for us, but nothing has gone right this year. The Oilers have looked better than the team that was blown out 8-2 by the Rangers, however. So I think they’ll make it close. I’ll say 4-3 Senators. Gerber gets the start tonight. Sorry not a lot to talk about in today’s GDT.

UNCONFIRMED LINES

Hall-Horcoff-Eberle
Penner-Cogliano-Brule
Jones-Gagner-Paajarvi
Jacques-Fraser-Stortini

Smid Whitney
Peckham Gilbert
Vandermeer Foster

Gerber
Dubnyk

LIVE CHAT

Closed.

14 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 4, Senators 1 – Game 23 – 2010-11-29 @ 5:30 PM – SNET”

1. otto says:

2. Oilrsgrl77 says:

otto: I like to see Gerber burn his former team, you know, since it always happens to us.

Ditto. It would nice to see that go the other way for once!

Yah no kidding. We’re definitely due for that. I don’t know if I like our chances though.

4. Oilrsgrl77 says:

Well, I am feeling good about tonight..okay maybe just the 1st and 3rd :p

This will be a test. The Kovalev and Fisher line is heating up big time. Kovalev looks like he’s starting a streak. I remember them coming in here last year with a similar record, it wasn’t pretty.

Hopefully JFJ will make the difference tonight. Yeah, that’s what I thought. *sigh*

They should win this game if they compete though, so if they have the same battle level as the last couple games, we’ll get points.

I’m hoping for a good game, go Oilers!

Game day chat up now, sorry for the huge delay.. forgot ;)

Nice win tonight by the boys, Lets build off it!

9. hemmerlady says:

Winnity-winnity-win!

11. john says:

zackman35: When Hemsky and Bulin went down last year (injuries) didn’t we do fairly well for the first bit? I wonder when Hemmer comes back, I doubt Bulin will be anytime soon and if he does he’ll probably get re-injured again. Gerber didn’t seem too confident with the post game interview with Geno but he’s played pretty well so far. I hope Doobie gets the start in Montreal and Toronto! Montreal is going to be a real tough competitor but Toronto? It’s weird I wish Toronto well but when we play them I always want the Oil to crush them into the ground unmercifully.

I think Gerber’s discomfort was due to Geno’s akward attempt at finding out where he fits into the Oilers in the big picture. It came out something like; “So where do you see yourself fitting in with the Oilers being a 36 yr old backup goaltender with Khabibulin getting healthy soon?” Nice one Geno; take a mental shot at the only consistantly winning goaltender we have…

Racki: Yah no kidding John. Might as well just say “are you excited about going back to Oklahoma City soon? Cause really, you’re going back soon..”

You know, as bad as it sounds, I think its time for Bulin to serve his time…….

Bostonoiler:
    You know, as bad as it sounds, I think its time for Bulin to serve his time…….

Yah, good luck with that idea. :P