GDT: Oilers 3, Avalanche 2 – Game 21 – 2010-11-25 @ 7:00 PM – TSN

Edmonton Oilers vs. Colorado Avalanche
logo AT logo
12-8-1 Record 5-11-4
Location: Rexall Place
Date: November 25, 2010 @ 7:00 PM MST
TV: TSN

Game day again, folks. Lately that hasn’t been a very exciting time for us. But the way this roller coaster ride has gone, you never know if the Oil could show up for a game. This game also should mark the return of Ladislav Smid, as Shawn Belle was returned back to Oklahoma City. Smid has been out of the lineup since November 14th, while he tried to figure out how to tamper with the brakes on Sean Avery’s car.

The Avs are sitting in a decent spot so far this year, at 7th in the West. The Oilers of course remain in hockey hell, in dead last in the West, with the Islanders making a slightly stronger case for the #1 pick (so far).

Prediction: 5-2 Avalanche. Chorus of boos at Rexall (you bastards).

CONFIRMED LINES

Hall-Horcoff-Eberle
Penner-Cogliano-Brule
Jones-Gagner-Paajarvi
Jacques-Fraser-Stortini

Smid Whitney
Gilbert Peckham
Vandermeer Foster

Gerber
Dubnyk

LIVE CHAT

Closed.

13 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 3, Avalanche 2 – Game 21 – 2010-11-25 @ 7:00 PM – TSN”

1. Trogdor says:

Wondering who might get the start tonight and it looks like Anderson only played 20 mins last night, after reinjuring himself. Good thing I haven’t reacvtiaved him yet.

And Happy Turkey day to our Southern brothers from different mothers!

Oh I forgot to mention that Khabibulin is back skating again. I didn’t hear anything on it beyond this, but yesterdays goalies in practice were Khabi and Dubnyk… Gerber nowhere to be found. May have been sent back down, but I didn’t see anything on that.

I think that while Dubnyk has been good, I kind of wonder if they put the other guy in.. whether that is Gerber or Khabi.

3. Trogdor says:

Any word on Hemsky’s leg and Cogliano’s chin?

Edit:
    The Steve-O rumour mill says Hemmer’s out and the chin is in.

Oilers lineup confirmed and edited above.

5. MetalOil says:

I’m not one of those constantly demanding for Omark to get a call up but with Hemsky out for a game or two I think now would be as good a time as any to give him a game or two.

I agree MO. I don’t see any harm in it and I see lots of value in it. It’s a no brainer if you ask me.

On a team like this, there is no excuse to not see all your promising prospects up for some games to assess what they can do. I’m sure Tambo is evaluating the situation….. :(

I agree. Although Hemsky won’t be out long, so maybe they just felt it wasn’t worth changing things.. I don’t know. It also gives a guy already on the roster more opportunity. Hemsky probably isn’t even on IR, so technically we don’t have that extra spot.

One change to line up (Tencer made a mistake): Gagner and Cogliano swapped.

9. MetalOil says:

Yeah that is true. I guess barring injury we can expect to see Omark in OKC for the whole year & I am OK with that. As long as he continues his great play and does well next camp then there should be no reason for Omark to be left off of next years team. Remember that he does have a option to go back overseas after this year is up.

Also does anyone have a good site that they use for SEL stats? I am just curious to see how Larrson and Lander are fairing this year.

10. MetalOil says:

Tnks Racki !!! That led me on the right track.

Lander has 5G & 5A with a +3 rating in 22games for Timra so far this year. It’s tough to try and translate SEL stats into NHL potential but he is well on pace for a career year and that was the main thing I was looking for him to do this season. He has also taken on a leadership role for Timra wearing an “A” and on a few occasions worn the “C”. MPS said during rookie camp that Landers leadership is exceptional and he is a great motivator.

As for Larrson. He currently has 0G & 5A with a +12(leads team) rating in 22 games so far this season. I guess his offensive game is not really his forte although one scouting report that I have read says they expect it to develop over time. Ether way I don’t think the Oilers would be drafting him for his offense anyways and he is still tops on my wish list.

11. MetalOil says:

Damn is he ever killing my Goalie Stats in the Pool :(

12. John says:

MetalOil: Also of note for tonight’s game is that Craig Anderson went down with a groin injury early on in the Avs game vs. the Nucks last night. Not expected to play tonight. Damn is he ever killing my Goalie Stats in the Pool

Didn’t Anderson just come back a few games ago from an injury? Wow. I’d be a liar if I said that I felt bad about it though.