GDT: Oilers 0, Coyotes 5 – Game 20 – 2010-11-23 @ 7:00 PM – TSN

Edmonton Oilers vs. Phoenix Coyotes
logo AT logo
5-10-4 Record 10-5-5
Location:Jobing.com Arena
Date: November 23, 2010 @ 7:00 PM MST
TV: TSN

After the desert dogs stole a win in our house, the Oil look to return the favor. Less than a week ago the Oilers led at home 3-0 by the Coyotes clawed their way back with 3 unanswered goals of their own to force overtime and eventually take the win in a shootout. Many Oilers have had their fathers accompanying the team on the short road trip and it seems to have worked so far after a road win in Ananheim. Another win, and they may have to hire them on permanently.

Father knows best, and if I were to ask mine about the outcome of this game he’d more than likely name the Coyotes as the victor and I’d have a tough time arguing with him. The Oil have played a little more like an NHL team of late, so expect another close game.

PROJECTED LINES

Jovanovski Aucoin
Schlemko Yonkman

Bryzgalov
Labarbera

LIVE GAME CHAT

Closed.

9 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 0, Coyotes 5 – Game 20 – 2010-11-23 @ 7:00 PM – TSN”

1. MetalOil says:

I will set the Over/Under on attendance @ 8000. I’m going under and expecting about 1500 of those to be Oiler Fans. There is usually a big Oiler contingent at games in Glendale. Probably because its about the same price to fly to Phoenix and buy a ticket then it is to go to a home game in Edmonton and because a lot of Canadians reside in Arizona too.

I think the Oilers get it right this time, so I’ll guess a 5-3 win, with some more Doobie-magic.

3. john says:

Yup I think the Dubmeister will be just fine! I predict another shootout this time with the Oil coming out on top. 5-4 Oil drops yahoo

4. Trogdor says:

Looks like Turris got put on IR today and they’ve recalled Oliver Ekman-Larsson. Not sure if he’ll arrive in time to be in the line up tonight though.

5. oilinblood says:

That Hanzals so hot right now.

Well I only caught the 3rd period, and I really can’t think of much to say about it. So, let’s hope for a better game on Thursday.

I’m going to go sleep, my rant comes in the am. TOP PICK BABY !!!!! As long as Tom Facking Gilbert plays 20+ minutes a night

8. Trogdor says:

You can’t sleep on a rant. They are so much better as hot headed emotional outbursts. Collecting your thoughts takes away from the experience.

As for the performance last night, I’m less saddened that I spent the first period in a dentist chair after seeing the highlights. I’m also glad my daughter has a year or two to mature before truly watching hockey with her dear old dad. Hopefully the Oilers mature over that same time frame as well, if not a little quicker. Otherwise we’ll just have to cheer on the Eskimos… Damn it!!!